Job title: Youth Care Worker – Prince Albert/Buckland, SK
Company: Ranch Ehrlo Society
Job description: Location: Prince Albert/Buckland, SK
Position: Full-time Permanent Positions
Posting Closing Date: Continuous
Do you have an outgoing personality with interests in the outdoors, the arts, or sports and you enjoy working with people? We are looking for energetic, upbeat people to provide day-to-day care for youth who have experienced many challenges and benefit from support and role modelling of understanding adults.
Ranch Ehrlo Society is a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to improve the lives of children, youth, adults and their families. We are proud to be one of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers. We offer an attractive compensation package including extensive benefits, health and wellness spending account, pension plan, maternity and parental leave top-up, and enhanced vacation.
The Youth Care Worker provides care and support to vulnerable persons with complex needs, behavioral issues, developmental disabilities, mental health disorders, and/or other related issues. The Youth Care Worker is actively engaged and fully participates in all aspects of the children, youth, and/or adults group living experience, providing care, support, and role modelling. The Youth Care Worker works to provide the participants with a safe, nurturing, predictable, and structured living environment. The Youth Care Worker is involved in the implementation of the participants’ treatment plan and in meeting the participants emotional and physical needs.
Qualification and Requirements:
- One year of experience working with children, youth, and/or adults with behavioral, cognitive, mental health, and/or developmental challenges.
- Completion of a high school diploma. A certificate, diploma, or degree in child and youth care (CYC) or in a related field of study is an asset.
- A current criminal record background check which meet policy guidelines.
- A class 5 novice 2 or higher drivers license and be eligible for coverage under our commercial auto insurance policy.
- First Aid and CPR “C”.
Employment Benefits Are…
- Evening, weekend, and overnight shifts which provide many individuals the flexibility to attend classes, coordinate childcare and allow plenty of time for outside interests
- A fast-paced environment where you are active with youth out in the community doing activities such as swimming, hiking, fishing, and attending community events.
- The opportunity to build genuine relationships with youth who have experienced complex challenges including behavioral issues, mental health disorders, substance dependency and other related issues
Wage range: $23.62 to $30.54 per hour.
If you have any questions, please contact Nicole Connolly at 306-765-2805 or Jill Kusisto @ 3067652801.