Job title: WGL – Customer Intelligence Data Analyst
Job description: Job Description
Utilize data analysis and reporting software such as SAP IDE, SQL Server Management Studio, SAP HANA, Power BI and Tableau to support the Customer Group functions within Washington Gas. Accountable for reporting and analyzing data, creating dashboards and providing various types of insight to support customer operations and management decision making, including but not limited to Billing, Collections, and Customer Service Operations. Liaises and works closely with corporate IT and other BI teams as directed by senior leadership.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develops complex queries, reports, and dashboards using SQL, Tableau, Power BI, and other available tools to support business needs.
- Handles data requests from various business units for executive, operational, or regulatory needs, utilizing SAP and other systems.
- Develops requirements for the customer group and information solutions to include functional enhancements for internal developers as needed by the business to support data extractions and reports for operational activities.
- Serves in a support role within the Customer Group regarding the design, functionality and data contents of data models.
- Assists programmers and users with investigations into data integrity, data analysis and data modification (when required).• Gains understanding of various operations business processes and leverages knowledge/understanding gained to support development and delivery of improvements/recommendations.
- Works as a team member with the Finance, Consumer Services, Rates and Regulatory Affairs Departments and the Office of the General Counsel, to evaluate functionality and data to solve business problems.
- Proactively analyzes customer information, billing, financial, and general ledger data to ensure data integrity using BPQA and other SAP transactions and tools.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business, engineering, statistics, or data analysis related discipline required
- 5+ Years of related experience (statistical and/or analysis) required
- Required intermediate to advanced level proficiency using – MS Excel, Tableau, Power BI, SAP HANA, Business Objects, SQL• Demonstrated strong working knowledge of statistical and optimization tools, such as measurement
- systems analysis, capability analysis, hypothesis testing, analysis of variance, correlation and regression
- Demonstrated ability to complete analytical data intensive projects, as well as the ability to clearly
- communicate the results to a broad spectrum of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to achieve process efficiency improvements through the use of data analysis
Why work at AltaGas?
AltaGas is a North American energy infrastructure company with a focus on owning and operating assets that provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. AltaGas assets include Washington Gas/WGL, SEMCO, and Petrogas. Our talented team, nearly 3,000 strong, leverages the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses to new markets around the world.
We deliver clean and affordable natural gas to approximately 1.7 million customers’ homes and businesses through regulated natural gas distribution utilities across four jurisdictions in the United States and two regulated natural gas storage utilities in the United States. Learn more about our team, vision, and strategy.
To learn more about our mission:
The Company values diversity in its workforce and encourages United States military veterans and service members who meet the qualifications to apply
WGL is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
For Canadian hires: AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For U.S. hires: U.S. affiliates of AltaGas are committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical or mental disabilities, political affiliation, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Location: Calgary, AB
Job date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 03:03:38 GMT