Job title: Ward Clerk – Inpatient Surgical Unit
Company: Nova Scotia Health Authority
Job description: Req ID: 168366
Company: Nova Scotia Health
Location: Northern Zone, Colchester East Hants Health Centre
Department: OPNZ Inpt Surgical and CTU CEH
Type of Employment: Permanent Hourly PT (50% FTE) x 2 position(s)
Status: CUPE Admin Professionals Position
Posting Closing Date: 21-Nov-23
Nova Scotia Health is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia, with some specialized services also offered to clients throughout Atlantic Canada. We’re on a mission to achieve excellence in health, healing and learning through working together, which is reflected in the hospitals, health centres and community-based programs we operate across the province. Our passionate team of professionals provides a variety of high-quality inpatient and outpatient services including academic, tertiary, and quaternary care, as well as continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions. Join a diverse team of innovators, collaborators and creative thinkers today.
Nova Scotia Health employs professionals in all corners of our beautiful province. We believe there’s a place here for everyone to call home, from vibrant cities with exuberant nightlife to quaint towns with picturesque trails. The work-life balance that comes with a Nova Scotia Health role means you’ll have the time to explore, discover, and participate in that coveted Atlantic lifestyle. Visit us today and check out to see why more people from across the globe are moving here.
About the Opportunity
The Ward Clerk is responsible for ensuring smooth information processing, flow and support for patients, their families, physicians and the health care team while contributing to the efficient daily operation on the unit. Daily functions are reflective of the service provided by the unit/program.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following:
- Successful completion of Grade XII or equivalent required.
- Graduate of a post-secondary secretarial or office administration program or equivalent required
- Successful completion of a recognized Medical Terminology course is required
- Experience in a health care setting is an asset
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications for Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook is required
- Demonstrated proficiency in current Meditech applications preferred (Admissions/OE/EMR)
- Experience with EFR, Megamation, Meeting Planner, SHARE, Medworxx Bed Board, SAP and MFUs preferred
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks required
- Demonstrated ability to function well as a team member required
- Current WHMIS certification required
- Recent NVCI training / certification considered an asset
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered for this position.
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred.
Please ensure your resume is up to date and includes all relevant education, experience, training, and certifications.
- Permanent, Part-time positions; 37.5 hours bi-weekly
Compensation and Incentives
$20.09 – $21.90 Hourly
Successful candidates may be eligible for our benefits package which includes health, dental, travel, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage as well as a defined benefit pension plan.
Once You’ve Applied
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is a Admin Professionals bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Employees are encouraged to view their seniority hours and dates in their SuccessFactors online profile. Successful applicants changing unions, bargaining units or employment status, are advised to seek clarification regarding their seniority, benefits, and vacation entitlement and/or usage, prior to accepting the position.
Preferred candidates must be able to demonstrate proof of primary series of COVID -19 vaccine at time of hire.
Nova Scotia Health is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage all qualified applicants who self-identify as Indigenous, Black/African Nova Scotian, Persons of Colour, Foreign Nationals/Newcomers, Persons with Disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ to apply and self-identify.