Job title: Video Journalist, CTV Atlantic, Bell Media
Job description: Req Id: 415515
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
- Generating, developing, researching, and setting-up original stories focusing on local news and creative features
- News and feature reporting: including conducting interviews, script writing and voicing
- Utilizing of ENG equipment & digital editing to shoot and edit stories
- Setting-up and operating live equipment (i.e. Dejero boxes and/or Dejero App, Atlas Kits, etc.)
- Live reporting
- Consistent and impactful social media engagement
- Writing web copy and providing web content
- Developing contacts and sources
- Strong editorial decision-making
- Weekend and late night assignments as required
- Co-hosting, anchoring and weather presentation
- Post-secondary education with specialized broadcast training (i.e. Journalism Degree) or equivalent. On-air experience as a Reporter or Video Journalist in television is required. Video Journalist experience preferred. Anchoring or hosting experience would be an asset
- Strong research and communication skills
- Strong creative abilities and leadership qualities
- Ability to work quickly, deal with multiple demands and pressure of on-air deadlines
- Knowledge of Atlantic Canada (history, geography, political and socio-economic
- conditions) and the challenges facing the region is desirable
- Experience in the operation of ENG and non-linear editing equipment required
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and curiosity
- Excellent understanding of journalistic ethics is essential
- Experience with “live” presentation
- Demonstrated engagement with social media (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, etc.) required
- Experience providing content to digital platforms, including websites, preferred
- Experience with iNews and Dejero technology preferred
- Strong reliable team player
- Creative storytelling skills and strong news judgment
- Ability to consistently lift and carry up to 45 pounds
- Valid class 5 driver’s licence and a good driving record are required
- Prior anchor experience is an asset
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Media – Talent
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax
Work Arrangement: Hybrid
Application Deadline: 11/23/2023
For work arrangements that are ‘Hybrid’, successful candidates must be based in Canada and report to a set Bell office for a minimum of 3 days a week. Recognizing the importance of work-life balance, Bell offers flexibility in work hours based on the business needs.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at .
Created: Canada, NS, Halifax