Job title: Transportation, Roads, & Grounds Supervisor
Company: Nasittuq Corporation
Job description: Join Nasittuq as a TRG Supervisor in the Arctic!
EXPERIENCE CANADA’S NORTH – A UNIQUE PART OF THE WORLD FEW GET TO SEE!
Transportation, Roads and Grounds Supervisor (TRG Supervisor)
About Nasittuq: Nasittuq Corporation provides exemplary support services to the Canadian Forces Station (CFS) Alert in the Canadian Arctic, covering facilities maintenance, airfield operations, food services, transport, and logistical/administrative support to the Department of National Defense (DND).
Where You Will Be Working: CFS Alert, the northernmost permanently inhabited settlement globally, offers breathtaking landscapes on the north-eastern tip of Ellesmere Island. It’s a unique opportunity to experience the Canadian Arctic.
About the Role: TRG Supervisor: As a TRG Supervisor, you’ll be a crucial part of a safety-driven team, overseeing transportation services, maintenance of roads and grounds, and dynamic/static systems. Reporting to the Contract Site Manager, you’ll play a key role in maintaining operational efficiency.
- Oversee transportation services, including personnel movement and equipment.
- Supervise roads and grounds maintenance, including Snow and Ice Control for the Airfield.
- Manage maintenance of dynamic/static systems and building facilities.
- Maintain and submit operational plans, reports, and deliverables.
- Select, supervise, train, and evaluate TR&G staff for optimal productivity.
What You Will Bring:
- Certification in vehicle or heavy equipment maintenance.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience in maintenance.
- Ability to qualify for operator licenses for CFS Alert vehicle types.
- 10+ years of overall work experience.
- Strong work ethic, multitasking abilities, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Eligible for RELIABILITY security clearance, and pass a company pre-employment medical.
- Valid passport for frequent overnight stays in Thule, Greenland.
- Cross-cultural adaptability and strong teamwork skills.
Opportunities for Nunavut Inuit Beneficiaries: Nasittuq Corporation is committed to supporting the growth and development of the Nunavut Inuit community. We encourage Nunavut Inuit beneficiaries to apply and explore the exciting opportunities available within our organization.
Development Programs: Various programs tailored to support Nunavut Inuit beneficiaries.
- Formal apprenticeship initiatives and in-house training opportunities.
Inclusivity and Recognition: Celebrate and value the diversity of our workforce. Actively encourage Nunavut Inuit applicants to apply.
Application Process: All applications from Nunavut Inuit beneficiaries given careful consideration. Resumes kept active for a full year, maximizing opportunities.
Security Clearance Support: Committed to assisting qualified candidates through the security clearance process. Recognize the importance of a skilled and diverse workforce.
How to Apply: If you are a Nunavut Inuit beneficiary seeking a fulfilling career with Nasittuq, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter. Please indicate your status as a Nunavut Inuit beneficiary in your application.
Our Commitment: Nasittuq Corporation is dedicated to employment equity and creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage Nunavut Inuit beneficiaries to take advantage of the opportunities available and join us in shaping the future of our organization.
Nasittuq provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodations.
ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔪᖅᑐᖅᐸᒃᑲ ᐃᓄᑖᖃᑕᐅᓯᒪᔪᑦᒍᑎᒥ ᓯᕗᓪᓕᐅᔾᔭᐅᖃᑦᑕᕐᓂᐊᖅᑐᑦ!
We invite you to join us and embark on a rewarding career journey!
Job date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 23:38:12 GMT