Job title: Temporary Assistant Manager Floral-FT @ Our Broadmead Location
Job description: Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Ready to Make an impact?
The Assistant Floral Manager supports and assists the Floral Manager in the efficient and fiscally responsible operation of the department. The Assistant Manager will lead, manage, coach, motivate and train staff to achieve the highest level of customer service, adherence to all Food Safety Protocols, Standard Operating Procedures, corporate policies and Health and Safety, and other programs and initiatives. The Assistant Manager assists in scheduling, management of labour costs, budgets, inventory control, presentation and merchandising, and in the hiring and training of staff. The Assistant Manager will foster customer loyalty, fulfill customer needs and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
Here’s where you’ll be focusing:
- Support a coaching and development culture for all employees, which embraces a passion for food
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership, while serving as a role model
- Assist in managing employees including: selection, orientation, training and development, performance management, succession planning and compensation
- Communicate operational requirements/changes to department employees
- Create a shopping experience that engages customers in a way that enhances loyalty, sales, and profit
- Provide superior customer service to meet customer needs
- Demonstrate growth in product knowledge, including awareness of product changes, promotions, and seasonal trends
- Order, receive, organize, rotate, merchandise and present products and stock in accordance with company standards
- Monitor the implementation of all corporate policies, initiatives, and Standard Operating Procedures, including timely and accurate submission of all relevant documentation as required
- Ensure OH&S, food safety, and other regulatory requirements and procedures are implemented and maintained
What you have to offer:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 12 months of retail store experience, in applicable department
- Exposure to reading and analyzing financial reports, and budgets
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Above average skills (both oral and written)
- Good work ethic and ability to multi task
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.