Job title: Team Leader – Change and Release Management
Company: Medavie Blue Cross
Job description: What makes us a different kind of employer?
As a national health solutions partner, Medavie is committed to improving the wellbeing of Canadians — and in our digital-first culture, technology is key to providing the products, services and solutions that increase access to care and improve health outcomes.
Our technology team is the backbone of our organization with over 500 employees and growing. We are constantly creating, testing, and learning to enable personalized, digital experiences in all we do. When you join us, you’ll be part of an in-house, innovation led team focused on cutting edge digital health solutions that help provide the best care possible, when and where it’s needed.
Job Title: Team Leader – Change and Release Management
Department: Information Services – Operations
Employment Type: Full Time Permanent
Location: Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, PEI, Ontario – Remote
Salary: Comprehensive Compensation + Benefits
Reports To: Management
The Team Leader will be responsible for overseeing and governing the Change Enablement and Release Management practices as well as overseeing all activities of the Change and Release management personnel. This position has overall responsibility for Change Enablement and Release Management processes, strategy, compliance, and day to day execution. This function serves as part of an IT Service Management (ITSM) team that works in close partnership with IT Service Delivery staff to drive operational excellence, and continual process improvement.
What we offer:
Permanent full-time position with opportunity to grow in a well-established organization
Flexible work arrangements and emphasis on work-life balance
Remote and hybrid work options
Comprehensive health, vision and dental plan that is 100% employer paid effective on your first day.
100% employer-matched Defined Contribution Pension Plan
Annual Incentive Bonus which recognizes your contribution to our success.
In addition to paid vacation, we offer a gifted week of vacation in your first year and an optional Vacation Purchase Program.
An organization where we encourage personal learning and growth with opportunities for career development and advancement.
Providing wellness benefits, health resources and fitness center discounts
Work Status: Due to Security Clearance requirement, we need candidate to have been in Canada for at least 5 years. Current residency status should be Permanent Resident or Citizen.
- Develop and execute the Change Enablement and Release Management roadmaps with a goal of striking the optimal balance between business value and flexibility.
- Monitor and publish practice KPIs and develop remediation plans as required. Provide executive ready documentation and information.
- Provide people management including coaching, mentoring, objective setting, employee performance reviews, career development, employee engagement, on- boarding support and training.
- Manage the Enterprise Release Windows, Business Event Calendars and the Change and Release Board.
- Educate and act as an advocate for ITSM practices.
- Participate in audits and compliance.
- ITIL v3 or v4 practical experience and certification.
- Strong leadership skills and people management experience.
- 5+ years in an ITSM related role with a focus on Change Enablement and Release Management.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and summarize status to senior executive level.
- Creative and strategic thinking — and the agility necessary to master both the daily hands-on analysis and the big picture strategy.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- A high attention to detail, and strong organizational skills.
- Experience utilizing Service Management tools.
- Working knowledge of the environment and tools and technology used by the application and infrastructure area.
- Strong technical aptitude.
University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science or similar program.
Written, spoken, and reading in English; spoken and reading in French an advantage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Medavie Blue Cross strives to foster a culture where everyone is enabled to achieve their full potential – a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) where we live our values every day in the way we treat each other, our members and the communities we serve. Accessibility is a top priority.
For applicants with disabilities, we provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Medavie Blue Cross Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.