Job title: Supervisor – Data Performance and Analytics
Company: Government of Yukon
Job description: This competition is to fill one (1) Full-time term position until April 31,2025. Temporary Assignments will be considered with prior supervisor approval.
Reporting to the Director, Population and Public Health Evidence and Evaluation (PPHEE), the Supervisor of Data Sciences leads their team in the delivery of the Department of Health and Social Services’ commitment to evidence-based decision making and accountability. The Supervisor is responsible for the ongoing assessment of health and social services data for use in dashboards, overseeing data quality, data retention strategies, and the associated use policies, that define PPHEE’s strategic objectives. This position leads the branch’s implementation of information and data identification, linkage, and the related analytic activities to ensure PPHEE’s alignment and integration with other Health and Social Services (HSS) branches.
For more information about this position please contact Laura Hillier, Director Population and Public Health, Evidence and Evaluation at .
If you have any questions about the posting or the competitive process, please contact Tiara Teresa from HSS-HR at .
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Post-secondary degree in Data Sciences, or other related discipline.
- Experience leading the delivery of data analysis, reports and recommendations to the Senior Leadership.
- Experience developing and implementing policies.
- Experience with programming languages such as SQL, R, Python, or SAS.
- Experience researching, developing, analyzing, and manipulating complex data- Health care data would be an asset.
- Supervisory experience in a data management and analysis setting would be an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Supervisory experience including the ability to mentor, coach, and transfer knowledge to staff.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and professional partnerships.
- Proven organization and time managements skills.
- Ability to take a broad-based, strategic approach to both the branch and department’s goals and objectives.
- Ability to work collaboratively with key stakeholders including other YG departments and federal, provincial and territorial governments.
- Proven ability to collect, manipulate, evaluate, and analyze large data sets in order to provide evidence-based recommendations to the Director, the Chief Medical Officer of Health (CMOH), the Assistant Deputy Minister (ADM), and the Deputy Minister, where required.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Conditions of Employment:
- Security Clearance
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Ability to sit, and work, in front of a computer for extended periods of time.