Job title: Summer 2024 Student – Indigenous Student Internship, Prince Edward Island (Provincewide locations)
Company: Royal Bank of Canada
Job description: Job Summary
Participates in and supports the operational activities of a business unit. Applies experience and complete working knowledge of the job and policies/practices to perform a combination of routine tasks and varied administrative/operational assignments.
Please note: This posting is for a 4-month Student Summer 2024 placement with a start date of May 2024 and end-date of August 2024. In order to be eligible for this 4-month Student position, you must either:
- Be returning back to school after the work term end-date of August 2024; or
- If you are not returning back to school (i.e. are graduating in April/August 2024), but you require the work term as a mandatory component to in order to graduate successfully.
Please ensure that you meet these eligibility requirements before applying – candidates who apply but are found to be ineligible are not able to be considered.
What is the opportunity?
For over 10 years, our Summer Internship has given a head start to Indigenous post secondary students across Canada, who are now thriving as full-time RBC employees providing financial advice to clients in their communities. Open the door to the first of many opportunities at RBC and experience the challenges and rewards of working in the financial services industry.
As an RBC Ambassador inside our branches, you will put clients first and find solutions to their individual needs. You will champion the RBC brand and drive business by supporting new client acquisition and deepening existing relationships. If you have the self-motivation to deliver exceptional customer service and thrive in a target based performance environment, you will be invited to return in subsequent terms to continue building your skills.
You will work in an engaging, respectful and diverse environment, with employees from many backgrounds and cultures. You’ll receive supportive coaching from your manager, an assigned mentor, career coaching and support from members of our Indigenous Employee Resource Group, the RBC Royal Eagles.
Who can apply?
Students wishing to apply must identify as Aboriginal/Indigenous Status Indian, Non-Status Indian, Inuit or Métis, and be enrolled in a post-secondary program with the plan to pursue a career in banking.
What will you do?
Proactively engage with clients in the branch and deliver an outstanding service experience through completing transactions and by identifying opportunities for advice, solutions, digital enablement and partner introductions
- Focus on education and demonstration, leverage technology to deliver a memorable client experience, drive solutions and retain business
- Contribute to team results by listening and spotting opportunities to offer additional advice, introduce clients to the capability of RBC partners, or personally fulfil client solutions
- Proactively take ownership of resolving and preventing client banking problems
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with partners to work as one RBC team
- Manage risks by adhering to compliance routines, processes, and controls to protect client and shareholder interests while completing transactions
What do you need to succeed?
- Demonstrated passion for putting clients first, as well as success in hands-on, target-driven solutions environment
- Drive and self-motivation, as well as excellent communication skills and emotional intelligence
- Digital literacy across a broad range of devices (i.e., smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc.)
- Personal flexibility to work flex hours
- Eagerness to learn and determination to succeed
- Confidence and ability to learn financial concepts and future willingness to obtain the Investment Funds in Canada or the Canadian Securities Course
*Please indicate your top 3 branch locations in your application*
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- At RBC we value Diversity, Inclusion and Equity. Representing the population we serve is critical to being and staying on our client’s path. This opportunity values Indigenous expertise, ancestry and past experience in advising and serving Indigenous clients.
- You will have the opportunity to connect and network with our Royal Eagles employee resource groups through various Indigenous initiatives at RBC and informal meetups.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- A world-class training program in financial services.
Job Skills Communication, Computer Literacy, Detail-Oriented, Interpersonal Relationships, Listening Effectively, Personal Development, Taking Initiative
Additional Job Details
Address: 83 QUEEN ST:CHARLOTTETOWN
Work hours/week: 37.5
Employment Type: Full time
Platform: Personal and Commercial Banking
Job Type: Student/Coop (Fixed Term)
Pay Type: Salaried
Posted Date: 2024-02-07
Application Deadline: 2024-02-21
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at .
Location: Charlottetown, PE
Job date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 08:24:19 GMT