Job title: Student Assistant (Up to 25 Positions)- Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering
Company: University of Prince Edward Island
Job description: The Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering is seeking applications for Undergraduate Student Assistants for the Winter 2024 semester.
Options are available in various courses to assist with course grading, provide in-person and/or virtual support to the design clinics, course labs, various fabrication and assembly shops.
Student Assistants will support individual instructors as:
- Assist the instructor with grading of assignments, tests and other materials as assigned
- Maintain records of grades for students
Lab Teaching Assistants:
- Assist the instructor with the supervision of students in undergraduate laboratories
- Provide pre-lab instruction and guidance to students for completion of undergraduate labs
- Work with the instructor and lab technician to ensure that all students are aware of safe laboratory procedures and comply with the same
- Assist instructor with student evaluation as required
Design Course Assistants:
- Assist the instructor in supporting students in the various activities associated with the Design clinics
- Assist the instructor with grading of assignments and other materials as assigned
- Provide assistance and guidance to students regarding the design process, CAD, and fabrication in the shop
- Undergraduate students in the Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering degree program.
- Applicants will have successfully completed the course for which the position applies, or have relevant alternative experience.
- Excellent academic performance will be an asset.
- Previous experience as a Student Marker, Lab Assistant, or Design Course Assistant will be an asset.
Ensure that you provide a summary of all relevant previous experience as a course assistant.
Priority is given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the . Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number 902-894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. If you require accommodation in any part of the process, please direct your inquiries, in confidence, to our HR Officer, .