Job title: Staffing Manager
Company: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Job description: Requisition ID: 348121
Position Number: 20029967
Posting End Date: November 14, 2023
Site: Concordia Hospital
Department / Unit: Staffing – Concordia Hospital
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date – End Date: ASAP – Indefinite
Reason for Term: Other Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the general supervision of the Director, Human Resources, and in collaboration with the Concordia Leadership Team and the Regional Director of Staff Scheduling the incumbent is responsible for coordinating day to day operations of the Staffing Office, Program Assistants as well as the effective & efficient operation and utilization of the staff scheduling system and related processes. The Manager will assist with rotation development, scheduling processes, vacation planning and reporting processes in accordance to all respective Collective Agreements or Concordia/WRHA policies. They will develop educational plans and ensure facility-wide system training is provided related to the automated staff scheduling system. The incumbent will manage rollout to new units, departments, programs and users.
- Demonstrated supervisory and/or management experience required.
- Minimum two years experience in automated staff scheduling required.
- Payroll experience preferred.
- General experience with systems implementation, training, troubleshooting and evaluation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of adult learning and teaching strategies is an asset.
- Experience in staffing processes and developing of rotations required.
- Experience with interpretation of collective agreements required.
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, is required.
- Certificate or degree in a related discipline is required (e.g. Business Administration, Computer Science, Human Resource Management, etc.).
- An equivalent combination of education and experience as determined by the Facility may be considered.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Document design.
- Procedure documentation required.
- Knowledge of ESP and SAP Systems required.
- Strong customer service focus and results orientated.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated financial management skills.
- Ability to analyze, organize, and document procedural routines.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions while working to scheduled deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in your collective agreement.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Job date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 06:34:53 GMT