Job title: Staff Respiratory Therapist
Company: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Job description: Requisition ID: 348271
Position Number: 20068078
Posting End Date: November 17, 2023
Site: St. Boniface Hospital
Department / Unit: Respiratory Services – SBH
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: 11/07/2023
Anticipated Shift: Days;Nights;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 11.63
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $35.972, $37.047, $38.158, $39.303, $40.485, $41.696, $42.949
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the general supervision of the Manager (or designate), the incumbent provides therapeutic, diagnostic, technical and teaching respiratory therapy services, including Pulmonary Function testing, consistent with discipline and professional standards while adhering to the employers’ mission, values and management philosophy.
- Recent and related clinical experience preferred.
- Entry-to-practice academic credential in Respiratory Therapy from an accredited Canadian program or a Manitoba Association of Registered Respiratory Therapists (MARRT) approved equivalent, if internationally educated, is required.
- Successful completion of the in-house Pulmonary Functions training program or successful completion of same within one (1) month from commencement in position.
- Current registration with the MARRT required. Current registration/membership in the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT) is preferred.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Training requirements for this position shall be in accordance with the SBH policy.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of computer systems and proficiency in the use of various current and related software applications is an asset.
- Ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relationships.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with other disciplines and demonstrate professional judgment and initiative.
- Knowledge of the physiological, social, cultural and economic aspects of patient care.
- Ability to organize and complete assignments with a minimum of supervision.
- Willingness to adapt to new concepts, techniques and best practice in the academic and clinical fields of health care.
- Ability to stand and walk and perform manual ventilation with one or both hands for prolonged periods.
- Ability to run to emergencies.
If there are no applicants meeting the qualifications, the employer may consider an applicant who does not meet the above qualifications.
- Good physical and mental health, manual dexterity and visual acuity are required.
- Ability to lift heavy medical equipment including measuring devices, monitors, D and E size gas cylinders and other equipment (weighing up to15 pounds/6.8 kg).
- Ability to push wheeled medical equipment.
- Ability to move H and M size gas cylinders (weighing 66 to 100 pounds/30 to 45.5 kg).
- Ability to assist with the positioning of clients.
- May be required to occasionally work extended hours.
- May be required to work a variety of shifts including weekends and nights.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases, blood and body fluids, radiation, toxic materials, noise, allergens, physical and emotional stress etc.
- May encounter aggressive and/or agitated clients/staff/visitors.
St. Boniface Hospital is committed to empowering a workforce that welcomes and celebrates diversity by fostering culturally safe places for all employees. We strive to celebrate our diverse workforce and the outstanding work we do every day.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Job date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 01:57:06 GMT