Job title: Sr Mgr, General Manager
Company: WillScot | Mobile Mini
Job description: At WillScot Mobile Mini ( ), our 4000+ people are at the heart of everything we do. In addition to providing industry-leading pay and benefits, we provide opportunities for development and upward mobility, while investing in the communities we serve.
We are the undisputed leader in providing innovative ﬂexible workspace and portable storage solutions, serving an incredible range of customers across all industries from 240+ locations across the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
Our values are our foundation. We’re constantly striving to diversify our teams to ensure we have the best and brightest talent. We’re deeply committed to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace where each person can contribute while being their authentic self. For more about WillScot Mobile Mini and who we are, .
Come build your future with us!
ABOUT THE JOB:
The General Manager is responsible for the overall success of the MSA(Metropolitan Statistical Area) by leading its P&L with multiple lines of business (storage & modular), increasing employee engagement, and ensuring safety at all branches.
The General Manager will be accountable for developing and implementing both short-term strategies to achieve EBITDA targets and revenue performance and improving units-on-rent, leveraging Value Added Products and Services (VAPS) to enhance product offerings and maximize revenue, develop a product/market strategy to drive growth and Return on Capital (ROC). The General Manager ensures that our teams work safely and continuously improves engagement and eNPS.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Lead MSA by developing growth strategies and execute overall company business objectives.
- Manage the P&L and ensure the revenue growth and profitability for the MSA.
- Manage the field sales team, develops appropriate communication and support programs to achieve plan objectives.
- Generate marketing and commercial plans to achieve annual plan objectives.
- Develop and execute MSA growth strategy to achieve annual increase in Units-on-Rent (UOR) and revenue growth.
- Lead and coach the employees and provide organizational leadership to foster employee engagement to meet business need.
- Actively manage and develop leaders within its MSA to promote optimal fleet, real estate and workforce utilization to meet customer requirement.
- Observes and seeks out trends in market space which have an impact on existing lines and provide insights to production management team for new products developments.
- Provides other functional departments information on a timely basis in support of on-going business activities such as forecasting, product requests, and regulatory/legal issues.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience:
- B.S. in Business Administration, Marketing, or related business field or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in progressively responsible Business Unit Management roles.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or related fields.
- Experience working closely with sales teams for the purpose of product strategy and identification of the voice of the customer.
- Flexibility and organization to manage multiple projects and assignments.
- Ability to thrive in a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, time sensitive, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance.
- Strong customer presentation and communications skills and experience.
- Extensive network within the public administration, construction and industrial business
- Proven experience of a rental type of business, such as construction materials, car leasing; or in Logistics, transportation business if not in construction.
- Experience in working in an international operational/functional matrix organization.
Disclaimer: This posting describes the general nature and level of work performed and does not represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, or skills required. Collaboration and teamwork drive our success. Team members may be required to perform duties outside normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
WillScot Mobile Mini provides equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
WillScot Mobile Mini embraces diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. We are focused on building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, lived experiences, and skills.