Job title: Sr Internal ICFR Auditor
Company: Pembina Pipeline Corporation
Job description: Work Arrangement: Hybrid
Department: Compliance Area
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is a dynamic energy transportation and midstream provider, serving customers for more than 65 years. Chances are, we do more than you think. We own pipelines that transport hydrocarbon liquids and natural gas products produced primarily in Western Canada. We also own gathering and processing facilities and an oil and natural gas liquids infrastructure and logistics business. Our operations along the hydrocarbon value chain allow us to offer a full state of midstream and marketing services to our customers in the energy industry.
We are an organization that cares not only about results, but how those results are achieved. Our organization is grounded in the values of Safe, Trustworthy, Respectful, Collaborative and Entrepreneurial. Cultivating a positive employee experience and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where our employees feel engaged, recognized and empowered is foundational to our ambition of being an employer of choice. Learn more about our .
We value the safety of our communities, customers, contractors and employees, and believe that all incidents are preventable. Compliance with all policies, procedures and regulations is a requirement, and our are basic rules that everyone should know and live by. Working for Pembina means working safely.
Pembina Pipeline Corporations Calgary office is recruiting for a qualified Sr Auditor, ICFR Internal Audit to join the team. This position reports to the Manager, ICFR Internal Audit in the Continuous Improvement Service Unit, part of Pembina’s Financial Services Division.
Internal Audit provides independent and objective assurance to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors (“Board”) and management as to the adequacy and effectiveness of the Company’s risk management, control, and governance processes to achieve the objectives of the Company. Internal Audit also assists management by providing objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value and improve operations. The Sr Auditor, ICFR will be accountable for supporting the Internal Controls over Financial Reporting Program (“ICFR”).
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Support Pembina’s safety culture of “Zero by Choice” and the “Life Saving Rules”. To read more about our Life Saving Rules, visit pembina.com/safety;
- Participate in the execution of the ICFR program, including risk assessment procedures, audit planning, and audit objectives including control testing and documentation;
- Actively engage with Management to ensure robust evidentiary material is maintained for the purposes of meeting Pembina’s ICFR requirements and IIA standards;
- Proactively work with Business and Service Units to adapt the ICFR program to changing External and IT environment;
- Report and liaise with Management and other Stakeholders, including Pembina’s external auditors to ensure the timely progression of control testing;
- Participate in providing objective, practical, and cost-effective audit recommendations for identified areas of weakness or remediation;
- Assist with productivity initiatives to automate testing of control procedures;
- Identify opportunities for improving business processes based on audit outcomes, to minimize risks;
- Participate in other Internal Audit engagements, or special projects, as required;
- Promote the Internal Audit function within the organization; and
- Contribute to an environment that promotes inclusion and diversity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business;
- Minimum of 7+ years progressive professional experience preferably in an auditing or operational position;
- CIA, CPA or other relevant professional certification;
- Candidates possessing both public accounting (integrated audit experience) and industry experience will be preferred;
- In depth knowledge of governance, risk and compliance frameworks such as COSO 2013 and regulator frameworks that govern ICFR and Disclosure Controls and Procedures;
- Aptitude for overall business acumen, detailed understanding of general business processes;
- Experience with data and analytics and data and analytics programs;
- Strong written and verbal communication; ability to tailor communications to the right audiences and communicate clearly and professionally to all levels of the organization, both verbally and in writing using appropriate terminology and communication methods;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently given appropriate guidance, and able to prioritize multiple tasks;
- Highly motivated, possess a real passion for mitigating risk and aptitude to leverage problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills for root cause analysis;
- Strong analytical skills, proficient with Microsoft Office applications and SAP working knowledge would be an asset;
- Diligent and detail-oriented documentation skills;
- Proficiency in report writing;
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to maintain independence and objectivity in the performance of audits;
- Passion for continuous improvements;
- Ability to adapt and perform in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment where priorities change;
- High intellectual curiosity and desire to continuously learn; and
- Experience in the Oil & Gas industry will be considered an asset.
The successful candidate must be legally able to work in the country of the position. Final candidate will be required to undergo Pre-Employment Background Checks including a Criminal Record Check.
This position will be posted until end of day: 11/25/2023
Our expectations are high, and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our total rewards package, community engagement or volunteer opportunities, all in an environment that is equitable, safe, respectful, inclusive and accessible.
We recognize that diverse perspectives and experiences fuel innovation and enrich our workplace culture. We firmly believe that every individual’s unique background, identity and contributions contribute to our collective success. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences. If you’re contacted to set up an interview and you require accessibility accommodations, please let your Talent Acquisition Advisor know at that time.
We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2022), Alberta’s Top 100 Employers (2014-2023) and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.