Job title: Senior Tax Consultant
Job description: The Senior Tax Consultant will be responsible for assisting the Manager, Corporate Tax in the effective and efficient administration of the corporation and its affiliates corporate income tax obligations; including but not limited to Federal and Provincial Corporate income tax, payroll tax, and other taxes as the need arises – with a focus on tax accounting, reporting, compliance, planning and research.
Toronto Hydro has implemented a mandatory vaccination requirement for all its employees. Proof of full vaccination will be required upon receiving a conditional offer of employment. Toronto Hydro will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to disability or any other ground protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statement tax provisions and related disclosures.
- Analysis and preparation of tax account balances, reconciliations and journal entries.
- Assistance with tax forecasts and planning, research and analysis of strategic initiatives, changes in legislation and industry trends.
- Completion and filing of corporate income tax returns and related working papers.
- First point of contact with internal stakeholders and business units, internal and external auditors, and consultants for tax related queries.
- Assistance with government tax audits through the preparation of all necessary documentation and correspondence.
- Preparation and the assistance with delivering presentations to various business units and internal stakeholders.
- Compliance with the Corporation’s internal control framework and ensuring control narratives are updated on a regular basis.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business, or related field.
- Fully designated Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) in Canada.
- Five (5) or more years of progressive professional level accounting and tax experience at a public accounting firm or large corporation.
- Completion of CPA Canada In Depth Tax course or Mtax program desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in tax compliance, planning and reporting obtained by working in public accounting and/or large corporation.
- Strong analytical thinker and above average problem-solving skills to be able to deal with complex accounting and tax issues in a time-sensitive and dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate ideas to people at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of accounting standards/policy under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS); specifically related to taxation.
- Working experience with complex Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, data analysis and reporting tools. Database/data management concepts specifically as it relates to Systems Applications and Products (SAP) financial systems.
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint and Word.