Job title: Senior Project Manager – Electrical
Company: Nova Scotia Power
Job description: Logistics
Senior Project Manager – Electrical
Nova Scotia Power, Capital Projects
Halifax, Nova Scotia – 1H
Type of Employment:
Regular, Full Time – Hybrid
February 9, 2024
2024 – 2395
We are currently looking for a Senior Project Manager – Electrical to join our team in a permanent position. Reporting to the Director Capital Projects, this role will lead a project team of technical and project professionals in the development and execution of large capital projects. While primarily focused on certain new electrical infrastructure for Transmission, Distribution, and existing Hydro systems water to wire, projects can also include thermal generation and renewables.
Key elements of this role include:
As Senior Project Manager – Electrical:
- You will be responsible for economic, technical, and business case development of electrical infrastructure projects assigned to the Capital Projects group.
- You will be required to collaborate with members of the Transmission and Distribution team, Hydro capital projects team, Enterprise Asset Management team, Health Safety and Environment team, and senior management to ensure the projects are developed and successfully and safely implemented.
- You will lead activities to produce project approval filings for internal and external regulatory approval.
- You will be responsible for personal safety, that of co-workers, and those under your direction by observing and ensuring compliance with all Occupation Health and Safety Rules and Regulations and ensuring projects are defined and developed with safety and environment as inherent components.
- You will be accountable for environmental management system processes and initiatives.
These skills will make you successful:
To thrive in this role, you recognize yourself in most of the following competencies and skills listed below:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical preferred), full membership (or eligible for membership) in Engineers NS, strong analytical and project management skills for large construction projects would be an asset.
- You are an experienced engineering professional with strong analytical and project management skills. Experience in project economics, analytical evaluation, risk management and project controls will be an asset.
- The ideal candidate will have 8 – 10 years electrical engineering technical and project experience and strong communications skills with regards to external partners and internal stakeholders.
- You demonstrate strong relationship skills, and an ability to work well with at various levels of the organization, including NS Power executive leadership team.
- You must possess a valid driver´s license and be available to provide assistance or direction for after hour emergency service restoration.
At Nova Scotia Power, everyone is a leader in their own right. Our Leadership Competencies set standards that advance our business strategy, deliver results for customers, and provide career development for employees. The successful individual in this role will think strategically and exercise sound judgement, drive operational excellence for customers, cultivate innovation and embrace change but most importantly builds strong, collaborative relationships.
We understand that experience comes in many forms, and we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. So, if your experience is close to what we’ve listed above, please consider applying.
Learn more about our culture and values
At the Emera Group of Companies, you’ll be part of an inclusive, respectful workplace where everyone is welcomed and supported. Come build a career as unique as you are: making an impact from Atlantic Canada to the world. Your experience and perspective will help us to safely deliver cleaner, more reliable energy to our customers.
If working in an innovative environment, challenging yourself, and shaping a cleaner energy future inspires you, we want to hear from you. Apply by February 9, 2024, and let us know why this role is right for you.
The perks of joining our team? We offer:
- Flexibility: Hybrid work model with 2 flexible remote workdays.
- Health & Wellbeing: A comprehensive benefits plan, 24/7 access to virtual health care services for you and your family through Dialogue, Employee and Family Assistance Program, parental leave top-up plan and wellness benefits.
- Grow Your Career: Opportunities to advance within and between our affiliate companies, a focus on employee development and available sponsored education programs.
- Community Engagement & Care: Corporate investments in the places where our people live and work, mentoring opportunities, fundraising-matching & volunteer programs, and scholarships for children of employees.
- Competitive Compensation: A comprehensive benefits plan and a Defined Contribution Pension Plan
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Emera
As one of Atlantic Canada’s largest publicly traded companies, we are ranked one of , and . We know our success is driven by our dedicated teams and we strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including persons who identify as racially visible, Indigenous, persons with disabilities, women in underrepresented roles and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
Applicants from these equity groups may self-identify through the online application process. We support candidates and employees with access and accommodation needs and encourage you to let us know when you require accommodation.
Recruitment & Promotion Policy
The success of the Emera Company is driven by its people: a strong team with a shared commitment to support the . The purpose of our recruitment policy is to provide a consistent framework to support fair and equitable attraction, hiring, and retention of the best talent for vacant positions. We are dedicated to maintaining a fair hiring process that provides equitable opportunities to all our applicants and is guided by our company values.
Location: Halifax, NS
Job date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 03:16:04 GMT