Job title: Senior Primary Care Assistant
Company: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Job description: Requisition ID: 348493
Position Number: 20011386
Posting End Date: November 22, 2023
Site: WRHA Community Health Services
Work Location: Point Douglas Home Care
Department / Unit: DT Northern Connection Medical Clinic
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: 11/27/2023
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $23.732, $24.368, $25.038, $25.709, $26.407, $27.162
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
As a member of the Primary Care Team and reporting to the respective Manager, the Senior Primary Care Assistant is responsible for the coordination of the Primary Care Assistants, performing the reception function, managing appointments and schedules, participating in client care functions, maintaining client charts, performing payroll duties including: time-keeping, recording hours electronically, investigating discrepancies and initiating corrective action as required, preparing orders and verifying the delivery of supplies and services, coding invoices and expense claims, coordinating routine facility operations (parking, site orientations, equipment, keys/access, repairs, maintenance, etc.) and workload coordination within the Administrative Support Team. The incumbent must contribute to a respectful work environment and participate in workload sharing and coverage within the administrative support team for the program and clinics within the community area(s).
- Three to five years progressively responsible administrative/clinic experience required.
- Experience with email and computerized calendars required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience maintaining medical records and filing systems, compiling statistics and processing personal health information.
- Working knowledge of electronic medical records preferred.
- Workload coordination and/or supervisory experience would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to arrange meetings; transcribe, compile and distribute minutes and agendas as well as research information.
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Successful completion of a Unit Clerk Course and/or a Medical Secretary/Assistant Course required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training preferred.
- Basic Cardiac Life Saving Certificate preferred.
Qualifications and Skills
- Keyboarding skills 50 wpm required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access preferred.
- Excellent command of the English language (both oral and written).
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills essential.
- Ability to prioritize a large workload and independently complete a variety of administrative duties.
- Demonstrated ability to independently compose basic correspondence.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively contribute to a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to do moderate lifting and a moderate amount of walking.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Job date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 23:16:19 GMT