Job title: Senior Application System Analyst ( 24 months contract )
Job description: Requisition ID: 179610
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: IT SAP and HR Systems
Travel Requirements: 0 – 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia; Alberta; British Columbia; Ontario
City: Stellarton / Calgary / Vancouver / Mississauga
Location: Foord St. Office, Calgary Office, Tahoe Office, Vancouver Office
Postal Code: B0K 1S0
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Ready to Make an impact?
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a contract opportunity for an Senior Application System Analyst. This role can be based out of one our main offices including: Stellarton, NS; Mississauga, ON; Calgary, AB; Vancouver, BC;
Here’s where you’ll be focusing:
As a Senior Application System Analyst with Sobeys, you will:
- Application Expertise – Knowledge of applications in the HR Product Team Portfolio. Maintain up-to-date expertise in the applications and support the team in translating product needs into enhancements and or fixes for the supported application.
- Application Support – Provide specialized Level 2 & 3 application support. Identify the root cause of issues, and triage with the appropriate team. Source additional support from other teams/stakeholders to resolve underlying issues as needed.
- Application Development – Support the HR Product Team at each phase of the development life cycle: Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), design, build, testing, deployment, and release.
- Operational Innovation – Identify opportunities to automate processes, or otherwise innovate on business operations using application features.
- Continuous Improvement – Support continuous improvement initiatives through advisory and consultative support. Proactively share new leading practices.
- Communication – Keep appropriate team members and other teams updated on product backlog status, incidents, and projects, as appropriate. Serve as the liaison between vendors, users, and product team as needed.
- Risk Mitigation – Observe and communicate potential application risks and improvements in support of effective issue prevention and risk mitigation.
- Work closely with our business partners and vendors to resolve all application incidents / requests in a timely manner.
What you have to offer:
Your experience and resume will show us:
- Post-Secondary education in Computer Science or Business or related HR experience.
- 5+ years progressive experience in IT or Product Development.
- Experience in SAP SuccessFactors.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting SuccessFactors Recruiting, Onboarding & Employee Central.
- Proven track record in application support.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and communication skills.
- System analysis experience, hands-on testing and requirement gathering experience.
- Familiarity with Agile & Scrum Methodology.
- Experience in working with outsourced service providers and vendor management.
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.