Job title: Senior Analyst, Business Intelligence
Job description: Our team is advancing how Canadians connect with each other and the world, and developing breakthrough technology plays a vital role in making our purpose a reality. Contribute your experiences, talents and perspectives as we develop innovative digital solutions and best-in-class networks together. We know you’ll feel a sense of meaningful connection and belonging within our team. Then, with our commitment to environmental, social and governance initiatives, you can feel good about your greater impact – helping people as they connect, work, learn and play.
At Bell, Business Intelligence professionals like you apply creativity and strategic thinking skills to develop and analyze dashboards that lead to better outcomes for our AI products.
You’ll turn data into insights and solutions that generate meaningful results and lead to better outcomes in all we do.
With you, Bell just got better.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Intelligence and Planning, this role will work with sales, product and marketing teams to identify business issues which can answered by leveraging our data and investments made in in the AI/ML space. You will work with business partners to identify how data can solve their issues, proactively find information from various sources and analyze it to improve the performance of our business.
The Senior Analyst, Business Intelligence will review and support current and future advanced analytics projects with requirements to drive new data collection which will enable new campaigns, modeling and analytics, analyze data from multiple internal and external sources, review data with key stakeholders, communicate analysis results and make recommendations to management. You will also play a key role in supporting current and future advanced analytics projects with requirements to drive new data collection which will enable new campaigns, modeling and analytics.
Our team plays an integral role in decision-making at multiple levels of management through complex analyses, predictive modeling, data definition and standardization, data mining, reporting, as well as sourcing external data from 3rd party relationships. The Candidate requires a strong background in business intelligence, analytics and stakeholder management.
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting
- Deliver campaigns, reporting and analytical solutions with defined key metrics and benefits
- Communicate analytical solutions and models to stakeholders effectively and confidently
- Translate business imperatives into data centered questions to be able to quantify and evaluate them
- Identify new sources of data by exploring data across Bell and externally
- Design and expand interactive dashboards (MicroStrategy and Excel)
- Engage with cross-functional stakeholders to gather business requirements and assess business processes, data sources, limitation and define assumptions
- Design, develop and implement procedures to consolidate internal and external data sources to provide business insights
- Work with large data volumes efficiently using SAS, Salesforce, Teradata and Python
- Provide analytical insights and present key findings to management teams and business stakeholders
- Understand the SMB environment, from a business performance point of view and provide analysis expertise to drive improved performance
- Support automation of new and existing reporting
- Experience with SAS, SQL, ETL technologies and dealing with large databases
- Experience gathering requirements and delivering reports and analysis to exceeds expectations
- Strategic and creative thinker who is exceptionally adept with quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Ability to leverage insights and opportunities from data and metrics to build strategies and make recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Business Analytics, Information Technology, Computer Science and/or related fields or experience
- Self-motivated, self leading, demonstrate initiative, have a strong desire to succeed and possess a strong sense of urgency
- Good communication, teamwork, documentation and organizational skills
- Demonstrated analytical ability with a focus on detail, accuracy, complex problem solving and logic capabilities
- Strong problem solving skills – Ability to successfully resolve issues, diagnose business problems, plan, document and deliver solutions in timely manner; looking at issues at a micro and macro level to better solve business problems with available data
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple requests and competing priorities simultaneously and to work independently and as part of an extended team
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, mainly in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in technology companies and/or telecom networks is a strong asset
- Experience developing complex reports and dashboards using MicroStrategy
- Experience using Python or R for use in advanced analytics
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Quebec : Dorval || Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Work Arrangement: Hybrid
Application Deadline: 11/30/2023
For work arrangements that are ‘Hybrid’, successful candidates must be based in Canada and report to a set Bell office for a minimum of 3 days a week. Recognizing the importance of work-life balance, Bell offers flexibility in work hours based on the business needs.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
We know that taking care of our team members is at the heart of a healthy, positive and thriving workplace. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy a comprehensive compensation package that includes a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits to support your well-being and the well-being of your family too. As soon as you join us, you’ll be eligible for medical, dental, vision and mental health benefits that you can tailor to your specific needs. Plus, as a Bell team member, you’ll enjoy a 35% discount on our services and have access to exclusive offers from our partners.
We value the experiences that have shaped who you are, and we know the diversity of your talent will bring even greater strength to our team. At Bell, because everyone belongs, you’ll feel valued, respected and supported as you grow and reach your full potential.
We also want to make sure that everyone has an equal opportunity to join our team. We strongly encourage and welcome individuals who may require accommodations during the hiring process to please let us know. For a confidential inquiry, email your recruiter or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell, please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto