Job title: Secretary D -Primary Health Care
Company: Nova Scotia Health Authority
Job description: Req ID: 174573
Company: Nova Scotia Health
Location: Central Zone, Halifax Infirmary Robie Street Entrance – QEII
Department: PHC CZ HPC FP DFM Mumford
Type of Employment: Temporary Hourly FT long-assignment (100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Status: NSGEU Admin Professionals Position
Posting Closing Date: 16-Feb-24
Nova Scotia Health is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia, with some specialized services also offered to clients throughout Atlantic Canada. We’re on a mission to achieve excellence in health, healing and learning through working together, which is reflected in the hospitals, health centres and community-based programs we operate across the province. Our passionate team of professionals provides a variety of high-quality inpatient and outpatient services including academic, tertiary, and quaternary care, as well as continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions. Join a diverse team of innovators, collaborators and creative thinkers today.
Nova Scotia Health employs professionals in all corners of our beautiful province. We believe there’s a place here for everyone to call home, from vibrant cities with exuberant nightlife to quaint towns with picturesque trails. The work-life balance that comes with a Nova Scotia Health role means you’ll have the time to explore, discover, and participate in that coveted Atlantic lifestyle. Visit us today and check out to see why more people from across the globe are moving here.
About the Opportunity
The incumbent provides office, secretarial, and administrative support to the Primary Health Care Clinic patients and team members in the Primary Health Care Department within Nova Scotia Health, Central Zone. The incumbent functions as primary point of contact for the Primary Health Care Clinic, handling patient bookings and recalls, organizing translation services, billings, and other office related duties. The incumbent may also provide additional support to individuals, organization-wide committees/task forces/foundations/auxiliaries/community groups as assigned. On an as needed basis, the incumbent may also provide general administrative coverage in the absence of other secretaries reporting within the portfolio or across the provincial Primary Health Care system.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following:
- Grade 12 plus graduate of a recognized office administration/business/secretarial program or an equivalent combination of education, training and progressively responsible experience
- Two years’ recent related experience required
- Medical terminology required
- Proficiency in Med Access is an asset (electronic medical record)
- Speed and accuracy in document transcription
- Competency in the management of computer files
- Typing of 60 wpm
- Proficiency in advanced word processing functions
- Proficiency in spreadsheets and databases
- Proficiency physician billings (MSI and / or IFHP) is an asset
- Skilled in use of email
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong organizational, time management and planning/prioritization skills
- Valid driver’s license and access to a car given travel between sites is required
- Competencies in other languages preferred, French and Arabic an asset
Please ensure your resume is up-to-date and includes all relevant education, experience, training and certifications
- Full time long assignment; 70 hours bi-weekly
- Approximately 12 months
- Shifts may include evenings, weekends and holidays
Compensation and Incentives
$23.19 – $26.45 Hourly
Once You’ve Applied
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is a Admin Professionals bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Employees are encouraged to view their seniority hours and dates in their SuccessFactors online profile. Successful applicants changing unions, bargaining units or employment status, are advised to seek clarification regarding their seniority, benefits, and vacation entitlement and/or usage, prior to accepting the position.
Preferred candidates must be able to demonstrate proof of primary series of COVID -19 vaccine at time of hire.
Nova Scotia Health is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage all qualified applicants who self-identify as Indigenous, Black/African Nova Scotian, Persons of Colour, Foreign Nationals/Newcomers, Persons with Disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ to apply and self-identify.
Location: Halifax, NS
Job date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 23:50:20 GMT