Job title: Sales Manager, North America
Job description: Job Description:
The Sales Manager, North America in Calgary, Alberta will direct the company’s sales activities to help achieve corporate sales and profit objective, while developing the longer-term business strategies and programs for assuring long term success within the North American region. Drive business development and company market share related to product line sales. Manage the research and analysis, planning and execution of business opportunities, consistent with the organization’s long range and strategic sales plans.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Increase the penetration of customers and to spend within the responsible North American regional product lines.
- Communicate the current and future Production and Midstream objectives and technological initiatives clearly within the customer organization at the higher levels.
- Manage opportunities and technical issues across the entire range of solutions.
- Establish market drivers and technology needs of the NAM (North American region) market and disseminate back into organization.
- Build business relationship within the NAM’s strategic customers and become the focal person and advocate between product line management, manufacturing, and operations.
- Identify opportunities for organic and acquisitive growth within the region (i.e. entry to market, acquisition, and technology opportunities).
- Maintain and build integrity in pricing strategies to ensure maximum profitability and growth for customers.
- Communicate and work with the NAM organizations to ensure that there is a clear understanding of the customer’s plans and activities.
- Work with the NAM Team in building strategies to produce results and generate revenue around all product solutions.
- Provides strategic direction and develops, implements, and monitors the goals, objectives, priorities, and procedures relating to the organizational unit.
- Develop short and long-range sales objectives for revenues and field margins by market area.
- Development of sales strategies for the North American region.
- Evaluate new and on-going markets for acceptable revenue and field margin.
- Formulate and recommend sales strategies and programs to meet revenue and profit margin objectives.
- Monitor sales performance to evaluate against corporate sales plans.
- Recommends new market development projects and participates in development of pricing schedules.
- Develops and recommends advertising and sales promotion programs.
- Coordinates and maintain sales contracts.
- Perform other work-related tasks as required.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE procedures and policies
- Demonstrate the capability to work independently on complex and multiple projects requiring judgment to resolve problems.
- Responsible to follow all applicable company and corporate policies, guiding principles, procedures, and programs; including but not limited to the process map, support processes, health, safety, and environmental requirements.
- Coordinates with other resources (Marketing, Engineering, Project Team, Operations, and Manufacturing) and brings significant problems encountered to the senior manager’s attention.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- 8-10 years- experience in related field with a demonstrated record of successful management
- Microsoft Office and Outlook knowledge an asset
- HSE Orientation
- Indoor Work
Preferred method of application and to view all opportunities visit:
NOV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination or Harassment of Any Kind: NOV is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for everyone and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. NOV values inclusion and diversity; we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
With over 40 different locations in Canada, and 30, 000 people worldwide, NOV is proud to offer their employees competitive pay and excellent benefits, including a Flexible Spending Account, employer paid premiums, and employer contributions to our employee’s RRSP. We are also proud to provide on the job training, with potential for advancement within our organization, and an Educational Assistance Program.
NOV thanks all interested applicants, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Location: Calgary, AB
Job date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:25:51 GMT