Job title: Saint John Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA) PCN 1256810
Company: Horizon Health Network
Job description: JOB PURPOSE
To provide Interventional Cardiology and Electrophysiology nursing services within the domain of the New Brunswick Heart Centre
- Nurse registered in the province of New Brunswick
- Cardiac Cath/EP Lab experience considered an asset
- Previous CCU or ER experience considered an asset
- Demonstrates knowledge of the professional standards of Nursing Practice
- Demonstrates knowledge of cardiovascular anatomy, physiology, and pharmacology
- Demonstrates advanced clinical and critical thinking
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills including effective communication, with patients, physicians, and other health care team members
- Current mandatory certifications : BCLS, ACLS Venipuncture, IV therapy
- Demonstrates professional demeanour in attitude, behaviour, presentation, and dress
- Physically able to perform assigned duties. Please note that in this environment rapid episodes of physical movement such as bending, twisting, pulling, lifting, and reaching are common activities. You are required to wear radiation protective garments of significant weight. You will be walking or standing for ¾ or more of the shift
- High regard for confidentiality and advocacy for patients
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Perform advanced patient assessments both pre and post procedure
- Participate effectively as member of an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrate clinical competence in performing Diagnostic Cardiac Catheterization, Percutaneous Coronary Angioplasty and stenting, including the role of scrub nurse, circulating nurse, hemodynamic monitoring nurse in all cases.
- Demonstrate clinical competence in performing Electrophysiology/ Device implantation procedures including the scrub, circulating and hemodynamic monitoring role
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to detail
- Decision Making
- Critical thinking
- Information gathering
- Interpersonal relations
- Planning and prioritizing work
- Problem solving
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Patient/client focus
- Strategic thinking
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon’s
Interested? Apply Today?
Horizon Health Network (Horizon) only accepts on-line applications.
About Horizon’s Recruitment Process
We thank all applicant who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply as an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Horizon’s recruitment screening process may include language proficiency testing, clerical testing and/or behavioral assessment. If you are selected for testing, you will be contacted via the email address provided on your application. The official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and language results will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon’s hiring purposes.
Horizon is committed to enhancing our diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and patients. We believe in a healthcare system that equally supports all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation. An environment based on a commitment to diversity and inclusion supports our goal of safe and quality patient care.
Location: Saint John, NB
Job date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 04:10:14 GMT