Job title: Saint John Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA) PCN 1251103
Company: Horizon Health Network
Job description: JOB PURPOSE
Provision of Nursing Care to meet the individual patient’s needs by utilizing the nursing process.
- Currently registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick
- Experience and interest in complex acute and chronic care
- Demonstrates effective clinical competency and critical thinking
- CPR certification
- Able to perform charge nurse responsibilities
- High regard for confidentiality and advocacy for patients
- Demonstrates initiative, good judgment and decision making abilities that contribute to positive health outcomes
- Must be flexible and adapt easily in a dynamic environment
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
The following duties are performed as directed:
- Identifies patient needs and co-operates with other staff in meeting these needs.
- Administers treatments and medications as ordered by medical staff.
- Observes, records, and evaluates patient’s progress.
- Provides comfortable, orderly, clean, and safe environment for patients and staff
- Supervises techniques and care given by other team members
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all aspects of the work.
- Assists in teaching patients and subordinate staff.
- Ensures that equipment and supplies are properly used and maintained.
- Identifies patient’s needs and develops, revises and uses nurses care plans; assuring maximum nursing care to all patients.
- Willing to accept additional education and training i.e. ACLS to provide quality care to a changing patient population
- Works closely with other hospital departments, and assists in other units, in response to changes in workload to provide adequate coverage in all areas.
- Assumes responsibility for upgrading their own education to ensure current knowledge of nursing theory and practice (including current CPR recertification).
- Responsible for Quality Assurance/Risk Management activities.
- Partakes / Attends staff meetings.
- Participates in committee work as required.
- Actively participates in the ongoing enhancement of services and care provided to patients.
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon’s
COMPETENCIES IDENTIFIED BY HORIZON HEALTH NETWORK:
- Achieve Results
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention To Detail
- Coaching and Developing Others
- Commitment and Engagement
- Community Orientation
- Decision Making
- Engages Others
- Focus on Performance
- Group Facilitation
- Information Gathering
- Interpersonal Relations
- Leads Self
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Relationship Management
- Results Orientation
- Strategic Communication
- Stress Management
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Interested? Apply Today?
Horizon Health Network (Horizon) only accepts on-line applications.
About Horizon’s Recruitment Process
We thank all applicant who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply as an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Horizon’s recruitment screening process may include language proficiency testing, clerical testing and/or behavioral assessment. If you are selected for testing, you will be contacted via the email address provided on your application. The official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and language results will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon’s hiring purposes.
Horizon is committed to enhancing our diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and patients. We believe in a healthcare system that equally supports all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation. An environment based on a commitment to diversity and inclusion supports our goal of safe and quality patient care.
Location: Saint John, NB
Job date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 06:18:13 GMT