Job title: Saint John Patient Care Attendant 2 (3025) PCN 1256002
Company: Horizon Health Network
Job description: JOB PURPOSE
The Patient Care Attendant 2 (PCA 2) is an actively engaged member of the health care team who supports the nursing team while delivering a high standard of patient care. The PCA 2 works within their specified scope of employment under the direction and in collaboration with Registered Nurses (RN) and Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN).
- High school graduation or GED equivalency.
- Personal Support Worker certificate/course (minimum six months duration or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- CPR/BLS for health care professionals.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis and ability to work a flexible schedule (days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays).
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record
The Patient Care Attendant 2 is responsible for:
- Assisting with all activities of daily living (feeding, bathing, elimination, mobilizing/transferring, and dressing)
- Performing routine patient monitoring (skin integrity assessments, pain assessments, safety checks, proactive patient rounding)
- Obtaining and recording patient data (weight, height, intake, output, vital signs)
- Gathering supplies and assisting with procedures
- Performing delegated patient care interventions
- Escorting/portering patients to other departments
- Responding to call bells and notifying RN/LPN as required
- Completing documentation
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon’s Terms of Employment:
COMPETENCIES IDENTIFIED BY HORIZON HEALTH NETWORK
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Interested? Apply Today?
Horizon Health Network (Horizon) only accepts on-line applications.
About Horizon’s Recruitment Process
We thank all applicant who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply as an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Horizon’s recruitment screening process may include language proficiency testing, clerical testing and/or behavioral assessment. If you are selected for testing, you will be contacted via the email address provided on your application. The official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and language results will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon’s hiring purposes.
Horizon is committed to enhancing our diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and patients. We believe in a healthcare system that equally supports all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation. An environment based on a commitment to diversity and inclusion supports our goal of safe and quality patient care.
Location: Saint John, NB
Job date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 02:53:25 GMT