Job title: Registered Ultrasound Technologist
Company: Hamilton Health Sciences
Job description: As a member of a multi-disciplinary healthcare team, the Registered Ultrasound Technologist (UT) co-ordinates and performs a variety of ultrasound examinations including pediatric and high risk obstetric, and triage examinations as necessary. The UT is responsible for the technical operation, coordination and quality of service for Ultrasound. Our UTs also liaise with the senior technologists and Radiologists to ensure the technical quality of procedures are performed at a high level. Staff work within the Standards of Practice as outlined by Sonography Canada.
Our Ultrasound Technologists are set up for success with numerous continuing medical education opportunities provided by McMaster Children’s Hospital Pediatric and Obstetrical physicians with scheduled ongoing rounds that allow all technologists to attend. As well as additional training opportunities in Pediatric MSK ultrasound exams, amniocentesis and chorionic villus sampling obstetrical guidance procedures.
Rotation through other modalities and sites based on qualifications and unit requirements may be required.
- Graduate of an accredited training program in Ultrasonography
- Current member in good standing with the College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario (CMRITO)
- Professional designation of Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (DMS)
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) registration
- Demonstrated ability to work responsibly in a team environment
- Demonstrated effective communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Effective problem solving skills, critical thinking and the ability to prioritize in a fast paced clinical environment
- Evidence of participation in on going education & professional development
- Membership with the CAMRT/OAMRT is preferred
- IPS certificate is preferred
- Current registration with Sonography Canada preferred