Job title: Registered Technologist – X-Ray
Company: William Osler Health System
Job description: Company Description
One of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for many consecutive years, William Osler Health System (Osler) provides a safe and supportive health care network to grow your career. Osler is nationally recognized for its commitment to patient safety and is Accredited with Exemplary Standing, the highest rating a Canadian hospital can receive. As a major Ontario hospital system, and home to some of the biggest specialty and emergency departments in the country, Osler serves the 1.3 million residents of Brampton, Etobicoke and surrounding communities. We are proud to offer you incredible exposure to best-in-class health care delivery and challenging hands-on opportunities to stay at the top of your game.
A hospital system built for and by the community, we continue to expand our services to meet the needs of a growing population, creating opportunities for increased hands-on skills development, cross-department training and promotional opportunities. Guided by our accomplished senior leadership team, together we are driving our vision of patient-inspired health care without boundaries.
At Osler, we invest in careers that go beyond where health care professionals like you can achieve their goals and find deep personal and professional fulfillment. Join our team today!
As a X-Ray Technologist in the Diagnostic Imaging Department you will be responsible for providing high quality patient care, quality scans/images. As a X-Ray Technologist you must possess and use knowledge to obtain technically diagnostic studies in accordance with the protocols.
- Ability to provide high quality patient care and quality imaging studies to the physician which will aid in diagnosis and treatment management of the patient.
- Use independent judgment and systematic problem solving methods to produce high quality diagnostic information and excellence in patient care delivery.
- Perform patient assessments and participate in the accurate maintenance of the patients’ records.
- To assist with special procedures and other related duties as required.
- Graduate of an approved program in Radiological Technology
- Must be a current member in good standing with the College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists in Ontario
- Must be competent in the production of quality radiographs/images
- Working knowledge of CR/PACS/DR preferred
- Excellent patient care skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and independently when necessary
- Excellent team-building and communication skills
- Previous hospital experience an asset
- Excellent attendance & work record
- May be required to travel between and work at all hospital campuses
Hours: Currently days/evenings/nights, eight hour shifts including on-call, weekends and statutory holidays (subject to change in accordance with operational requirements)
Internal application deadline: November 3, 2023
Osler values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at .
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.
Location: Brampton, ON
Job date: Wed, 08 Nov 2023 23:56:37 GMT