Job title: Registered Technologist – CT
Company: William Osler Health System
Job description: Company Description
One of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for many consecutive years, William Osler Health System (Osler) provides a safe and supportive health care network to grow your career. Osler is nationally recognized for its commitment to patient safety and is Accredited with Exemplary Standing, the highest rating a Canadian hospital can receive. As a major Ontario hospital system, and home to some of the biggest specialty and emergency departments in the country, Osler serves the 1.3 million residents of Brampton, Etobicoke and surrounding communities. We are proud to offer you incredible exposure to best-in-class health care delivery and challenging hands-on opportunities to stay at the top of your game.
A hospital system built for and by the community, we continue to expand our services to meet the needs of a growing population, creating opportunities for increased hands-on skills development, cross-department training and promotional opportunities. Guided by our accomplished senior leadership team, together we are driving our vision of patient-inspired health care without boundaries.
At Osler, we invest in careers that go beyond where health care professionals like you can achieve their goals and find deep personal and professional fulfillment. Join our team today!
As a CT/X-Ray Technologist in the Diagnostic Imaging Department you will be responsible for providing high quality patient care, quality scans/images. As a CT/X-Ray Technologist you must possess and use knowledge to obtain technically diagnostic studies in accordance with the protocols.
- Performing CT scanning imaging procedures and invasive techniques as outlined in the protocol/procedure manuals including administering contrast media; conducting image reconstruction; operating, troubleshooting and ensuring medical imaging and ancillary equipment are performing in an effective, safe and efficient manner ensuring optimal patient care is delivered
- Preparing written documentation of procedures as required
- Performing patient assessments and participate in the accurate maintenance of the patient’s records
- Must have current CMRITO registration
- Current CPR
- Recent contrast CT experience preferred
- X-ray experience required
- Contrast injection certification required
- Cross sectional anatomy courses required
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize work load effectively
- Physical ability to perform the expected job duties
- Ability to operate required equipment
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Must demonstrate Osler’s Values of Respect, Excellence, Service, Compassion, Innovation and Collaboration
- Excellent attendance, punctuality and work record
- Ability to travel and work between all Osler sites if required
Hours: Currently nights, eight hour shifts including on-call, weekends and statutory holidays (subject to change in accordance with operational requirements)
Shifts: Various shifts available
This position is eligible for the Employee Referral Reward Program. Some conditions may apply.
Internal application deadline: November 3, 2023
Osler values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at .
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.
Location: Brampton, ON
Job date: Wed, 08 Nov 2023 23:51:51 GMT