Job title: Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) – FULL TIME (Retirement)
Company: Schlegel Villages
Job description: Description :
The Village of Erin Meadows, located in Mississauga, Ontario has an exciting opportunity for REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSES to join their Retirement village team FULL TIME!
At Schlegel Villages you can be YOU while being part of OUR Family.
How Schlegel Villages supports our Team Members:
- Ongoing training
- Personal & Professional Growth Opportunities
- Benefits and access to our Employee Family Assistance Program
- Discounts at Village Services
- Team appreciation events
- Access to The Wilfred Schlegel Hope Fund
- Retirement Savings
To be successful as our new Registered Practical Nurse (RPN), you will:
- Hold a current registration as a Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Holds current Heart Save Level of CPR
- Be excited by our objectives, our Village philosophy and the family values that shape all aspects of life in a Schlegel Village
- Display a caring and respectful attitude toward our residents, families, and team members
- Understand the physical, mental, and emotional demands of the RPN role
It would be an asset if our new Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) has:
- MDS credentials
- Knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, legislation, regulations and best practices applicable to the retirement and long-term care sector (e.g. RAI processes and CIHI, supplies, equipment ordering, etc.)
As a new Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) joining our Village, you will:
Support and embrace our resident-centered social culture and be proud to deliver the highest quality of personal care to our residents. You will work as key members of our Village and neighbourhood multidisciplinary teams to understand residents’ individual needs, and advocate for residents to actively participate in decisions about their care.
Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) at Schlegel Villages foster exemplary relationships with residents, their families and the Village team to deliver holistic care to our residents and to provide safe administration of medication and treatments with a focus on accuracy, quality and meeting our residents’ quality of life requests.
Our Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) follow plans of care (or service plans) in accordance with the standards of the College of Nurses and are quickly able to identify and report any changes in the resident’s well-being to the Charge Nurse and Village leadership team.
You can be you while being a part of our family.
At Schlegel Villages we are redefining elder care through , and change, but we know the key to our Village success, and our residents’ satisfaction, is YOU and our teams.
We aspire to provide all members of our communities, including team members, with a life enriching experience. We are family owned and operated and we take our mission seriously: “to provide holistic health care in a home environment, located within an internal neighbourhood design that promotes a caring community with emphasis on optimal health and life purpose for each resident”.
Schlegel Villages is pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please speak with the hiring leader.
Schlegel Villages is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome newcomers, those of visible minorities such as indigenous, youth and or new comers to Canada to apply.
We’d love to talk to you about what makes us different.
Skills : Verbal Communication: Novice
Problem Solving: Novice
Group Decision Making: Novice
Creative Thinking: Novice
Attention to detail: Novice