Job title: Registered Pharmacy Technician (FT)
Job description: Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Ready to Make an impact?
We are passionate about taking care of the health and well-being of individuals and families our communities.
As a regulated professional licenced with the provincial college of pharmacy you’ll be an essential part of our pharmacy team that’s committed to providing exceptional patient-centered care and exceeding patients’ expectations. We are looking for friendly, knowledgeable, and professional individual to conduct the authorized duties of the technician as imposed by individual Provincial Pharmacy Regulatory Bodies.
Here’s where you’ll be focusing:
RPT’s will have independent authority, responsibility, and liability to prepare, process and compound prescriptions including:
- Receiving and transcribing verbal prescriptions from practitioners
- Ensuring prescriptions are complete and authentic
- Providing injections/vaccinations as applicable by regulations in certain jurisdictions
- Transferring prescriptions to and receiving prescriptions from other pharmacies
- Ensuring the accuracy of prepared prescriptions
- Conducting the final check of prepared prescriptions
- Confirming the accuracy of drug and personal health information in patient records
What you have to offer:
- Completion of the Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment
What we have to offer:
- A competitive total compensation package that will vary by role and location
- Flexible work life arrangements to meet your lifestyle needs
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.