Job title: Registered Nurse (RN) – Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
Company: Vancouver Coastal Health
Job description: Come work as a Registered Nurse at qathet General Hospital with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for Registered Nurses to join the Operating Rooms team at Sechelt Hospital in Sechelt, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Registered Nurse – Critical Care/Emergency/PACU you will:
- Provide emergency nursing care to clients/patients of all ages presenting with a wide variety of symptoms within an uncontrolled environment as well as care to critically ill patients/clients with unpredictable outcomes attached to life-support equipment, and/or clients in post-anaesthetic recovery.
- As member of emergency response team, stabilize and resuscitate multi-trauma victims, and prepare for and responds to disaster situations.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care givers.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in nursing practice.
- Maintain and advance clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Relocation Assistance and Staff Housing may be available. Nurses may be eligible for student loan forgiveness *please note, this must be a British Columbia student loan. Please find more information here:
ABOUT SECHELT, BC
Sechelt is located on the traditional territories of the shíshálh (Sechelt) Nation and is approximately 50 km northwest of Vancouver. It is accessible from the mainland by a 40-minute ferry trip between Horseshoe Bay and Langdale, followed by a 25-minute drive along Highway 101, also know as the Sunshine Coast Highway. This charming seaside community is know for its natural beauty and is a popular destination for outdoor activities including sightseeing, boating, diving, camping, and mountain biking. There are also several municipal parks, plenty of eateries, locally owned shops, boutiques and galleries, and a golf course. Imagine a lifestyle where you are only a short walk or bike ride to work, you go home for lunch and you are home again in time for an activity or go for a hike AND watch the sunset – all before dinner. That is what Sechelt has to offer you!
ABOUT SECHELT HOSPITAL
Sechelt Hospital is an acute care, 46-bed facility located in Sechelt, British Columbia and serves over 30,000+ residents of the Lower Sunshine Coast. Sechelt Hospital provides a full range of services to the community, including Emergency care, Renal program-community dialysis units, Mental Health and Substance Use Services, surgical services, birthing for low-risk pregnancies and imaging services.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) is required.
- Completion of a recognized critical care nursing program or completion of a recognized advanced program in emergency care nursing or two (2) years’ recent, related experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client and family centered care model.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNM’s standards for nursing practice.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care in relation to client/family priorities.
- Demonstrated ability in interviewing and assessment skills.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability in the management of trauma in an emergency setting.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with, clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach clients and their families based on their priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of medical equipment and supplies appropriate to the clinical area.
- Demonstrated skill in techniques appropriate to the clinical area.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques
- Skill in techniques appropriate to critical care nursing.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders, as of October 5, 2023, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have received a single dose of the most-recent, updated COVID-19 vaccine. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers in 2023.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply online via the Internal Career Portal on CareerHub, you are currently viewing the External Career Portal. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for instructions on how to view internal job postings and how to apply as an employee. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Location: Sechelt, BC
Job date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 08:28:45 GMT