Job title: Registered Nurse-Regina
Company: Canadian Blood Services
Job description: Job category: Nursing
Job posting ID: 5260
Employment status: Regular part-time
Position’s anticipated start date: 2024-01-15
Possible schedule/FTE: 0.5
Number of positions available: 2
Salary/Rate of pay: $38.58
Application deadline: 2023-11-24
Please save a copy of the job posting, once the application deadline has passed, it will no longer be available.
Do you currently work for Canadian Blood Services? All employees must apply via the .
Together, we can make all the difference in the lives of others.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving lives. Thousands of patients depend on us every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
If you are looking for a rewarding experience with a values and mission-driven team, join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference.
We acknowledge that the work of Canadian Blood Services spans many Territories and Treaty areas across the country, and we are grateful for the Traditional Knowledge Keepers and Elders who have guided us in this important work. We recognize the land and waters that have inspired our work and offer gratitude to those Indigenous peoples on whose territory we work, live and play.
The Donor Centre team is responsible for supporting Canadian Blood Services collecting donor blood in a safe manner to enable safe products which save lives every day. In this role, you will assist in the collection of blood and blood products ensuring adherence to all safety protocols and all required documentation is carried out. You will play an integral part in building and promoting a positive donor experience and encouraging donations.
Formula for success
- Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with donors, you will conduct registration and confidential screening to determine eligibility and build and promote a positive donor experience.
- Utilizing your superb people skills, you will provide donors with information, instruction, and advice on blood donation.
- Drawing on your knowledge and experience you will provide coaching and consultation to donor centre staff, acting as team lead for collection events as needed.
- With your excellent interpersonal skills, you will work in a diverse team environment assisting in the collection of whole blood and/or apheresis blood components which save lives daily.
- At mobile events within our communities, you will assist in setting up booths, tables, and other equipment to ensure donor clinics are properly set up for use.
Desired education and skills
- Completion of accredited nursing program and current license in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in the province is required.
- Two years of experience working as a nurse is considered an asset as is a certification in First Aid and CPR.
- Previous experience as a preceptor or with coaching others is an asset.
- Technical skills including Microsoft Word and Outlook, and the ability to learn new systems and programs.
- A second language is considered an asset to support a positive donor experience.
What we offer you
- Payment in lieu of holidays.
- Defined benefit pension plan.
- Employee discounts, wellness program, professional resources.
What you can expect
- Shifts/hours will vary. You must be flexible to accommodate assigned shifts which are based on operational needs; length of shifts varies according to the event which takes place at Canadian Blood Services fixed and mobile donor centers. Shifts include days, evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays.
- Shift are Monday 10:30am-6pm, Tuesday mobile shift every second Tuesday 9-11 hour day, Wednesday 11:30am-8pm, Thursday 8am-2pm, Friday 8am-4pm and Saturday 8am-3pm(no more than 3 in 5 Saturday’s worked)
- Full Time training for the first 3 weeks. Hours for training are 8:30am-3pm.
- Travel will be required for mobile events in our communities, and transportation will be provided by Canadian Blood Services.
- Physical requirements for the role include the ability to lift weights up to 10 kg.
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
Canadian Blood Services requires that all employees be fully vaccinated (COVID 19 vaccine doses as approved by Health Canada), subject to any medical or other human rights considerations. Persons who have been vaccinated outside of Canada must contact their local Public Health Unit in order to obtain a vaccine equivalency certificate.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply by providing your up-to-date resume. This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview or those invited to participate in an assessment will be contacted. Applicants who require accommodation should discuss their needs with us.
Location: Regina, SK
Job date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 07:32:49 GMT