Job title: Recreation Coordinator (Degree) – Acute Stroke Unit – Repost
Company: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Job description: Requisition ID: 346305
Position Number: 20061374
Posting End Date: November 23, 2023
Site: Health Sciences Centre
Department / Unit: WRS5 – Acute Stroke Unit
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: 12/08/2023
Anticipated Shift: Days;Evenings;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $27.533, $28.607, $29.712, $30.882, $32.091, $33.504
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centered clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, the incumbent is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating therapeutic recreation programs for individuals experiencing developmental, cognitive, emotional, social, physical and/or coping difficulties through group and/or individual programs that include: * Therapeutic recreation interventions to improve functional abilities, well-being and facilitate independence in positive leisure pursuits.
- Leisure education to enhance and promote life-long recreation skills and attitudes.
- Recreation participation to promote health and personal growth through leisure and recreation experiences.
- Community re-integration to provide assistance and support in removing physical and psychological barriers that impede participation in recreation programs and services offered in the community.
- The incumbent fosters professional practice and quality client care through the supervision of volunteers, continuing professional development, research, quality improvement and promotion of therapeutic recreation.
- 1-2 years recent experience working with individuals/groups in a healthcare environment preferred.
- Must have extensive knowledge of social, recreation and leisure programming and recreation resources in hospital and in the community.
- Undergraduate degree in Recreation Management and Community Development or equivalent, with specialization in therapeutic recreation.
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) designation preferred, as endorsed through the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC).
- Membership in Canadian Therapeutic Recreation Association and Recreation Connections Manitoba preferred.
- First Aid, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention as required by the Program/Site.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training requirements for this position shall be in accordance with the applicable policy.
Qualifications and Skills
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relationships.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other disciplines and demonstrate professional judgment and initiative.
- Must have personal maturity and the ability to accept responsibility for actions and decisions.
- Must demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, creativity, sound judgment and problem-solving skills in all areas of practice.
- Ability to organize and complete assignments with a minimum of supervision.
- Willingness to adapt to new concepts, techniques and best practice in the academic and clinical fields of therapeutic recreation and general healthcare knowledge (i.e. mental health, geriatric health, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and interdependently.
- Computer literacy as appropriate to the setting.
- Must be in good physical and mental health.
- May encounter aggressive and/or agitated clients/visitors/staff.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases, blood and body fluids, toxic materials, noise, allergens, physical and emotional stress.
- May be occasionally required to work extended hours.
- May be required to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the “Apply” icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Job date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 23:08:28 GMT