Job title: Radiological Technologist 1, Screening Mammography/General Procedures
Company: Vancouver Coastal Health
Job description: Come work as a Radiological Technologist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Radiological Technologist 1 to join the General Radiology team at qathet General Hospital in Powell River, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Radiological Technologist you will:
- Perform routine screening mammography, diagnostic radiography/fluoroscopy and other medical imaging procedures/techniques, observes safe radiation protection procedures.
- Perform duties including;
- receiving and completing requisitions,
- entering relevant data into the Radiology Information System (RIS),
- preparing examination trays and patients for specific procedures,
- operating computerized imaging equipment including processing and archiving of acquired data,
- monitoring patient during procedures and monitoring equipment performance and maintaining cleanliness of examination rooms.
ABOUT POWELL RIVER, BC
On the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, where endless green mountains meet sheltered Pacific Ocean waters, Powell River provides a stimulating blend of outdoor adventure and cultural amenities. Originally founded as a resource extraction centre – once home to the world’s largest pulp and paper mill – Powell River now offers adventurers countless opportunities for kayaking, canoeing, rock climbing, golfing, boating, hiking, biking, fishing, and scuba diving. This area is host to world-class art galleries, tremendous dining opportunities, and memorable events and festivals.
On the doorstep of both Vancouver and Vancouver Island, the Powell River region offers an array of experiences for travelers of all kinds, no matter the season. Experience the legendary Sunshine Coast Trail and Powell Forest Canoe Route, rock-climb the Eldred Valley, snowshoe in the Knuckleheads; this is the adventure destination you’ve long been waiting for.
Education & Experience
- Certification with the CAMRT. Successful completion of CAMRT Mammography 1 or equivalent.
- One (1) year’s recent, related experience in Mammography procedures and recent, related experience performing general radiographic procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of the standards of practice and guidelines for Medical Imaging practitioners established by the CAMRT and/or other relevant national professional associations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice of safe work procedures with diagnostic radiographic and medical imaging equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform radiographic and screening mammography examinations in compliance with departmental standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence-based practice related to designated modality.
- Demonstrated knowledge of organization policies, procedures and standards of care, including practice of safe work procedures with modality equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PACS/Radiology Information Systems, i.e. digital imaging, image archiving and retrieval.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills with current computer applications including the ability to use a computerized client care information system.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ‘going first’ when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers in 2023.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply online via the Internal Career Portal on CareerHub, you are currently viewing the External Career Portal. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for instructions on how to view internal job postings and how to apply as an employee. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***