Job title: Property & Exhibit Technician I
Company: City of Edmonton
Job description: ** This posting is for one (1) temporary part-time position with no end date **
The Edmonton Police Service requires a highly organized and competent property technician to work in our Exhibit Management Branch (Police Seized Vehicle Section) on a part-time basis. The major responsibilities of this position involve:
- Preparing unclaimed vehicles for disposal, including the removal of unclaimed property. May be required to facilitate the removal/confiscation of firearms.
- Safe operation of a number of departmental vehicles including a 1-ton cube van and a load all telehandlers.
- Providing customer service to police members, contractors, property and vehicle owners, finders, insurance agents, etc.
- Safe use and operation of small power hand tools and load all equipment.
- Taking in, categorization, location, protection, care and disposition of court relevant exhibits and property which requires strict adherence to policies and procedures.
- Completing special assignments as assigned.
- Completion of a two (2) year Post Secondary program in a related discipline such as Law Enforcement or Criminology or equivalent experience in law enforcement.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in a store’s operation is an asset.
- Experience using Microsoft Windows.
- A firearms safety course or related training would be considered an asset.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position, including lifting and moving property weighing up to 35 kg and working outdoors during all weather conditions.
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Alberta Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
- Applicant must qualify for Community Peace Officer Status.
- The ability to safely operate a 1-ton cube van, a load all wheel loader, and any other Class 5 vehicle.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- The proven ability to provide superior customer service, handle several tasks simultaneously and remain calm under pressure.
Hours of Work:
Hours vary from approximately 0-30 hours per week. Monday – Friday, with the occasional weekends.
21M, Salary Grade: 013, $28.12 – $35.29 (Hourly), $1,898.40 – $2,382.50 (Bi-Weekly), $49,549.22 – $62,182.73 (Annually).
- Civic Service Union 52 members are asked to send a copy of their application to the union office.
- The City of Edmonton thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
The Province of Alberta is a party to the Federal Agreement on Internal Trade, the Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility with British Columbia and the New West Partnership Trade Agreement with British Columbia and Saskatchewan. All of these agreements promote labour mobility between the Provinces. Applicants may obtain information regarding recognition of extra provincial credentials at www.newwestpartnershiptrade.ca.