Job title: Project Specialist
Job description: Company Description
Work with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. We are the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world’s most complex challenges and build legacies for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We’re one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.
AECOM is seeking a skill-diverse and talented Project Specialist for immediate employment in the Winnipeg, Manitoba office to join our Water Business Line staff contingent based out of this office. The appropriately qualified candidate will support Water Department Staff in the delivery of engineering design-based projects as well as support our inspection / contract administration Team on the execution of oversight services for construction projects.
The responsibilities of this position providing administrative support to Project Managers, Engineers and Designers in the Winnipeg Water Department, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Word processing / preparation of documents including engineering specifications, shop drawings, technical reports, PowerPoint presentations, contracts, proposals, and letters as required.
- Providing project management assistance to Project Managers, including but not limited to the review, approval and coding of Subconsultant / Subcontractor invoices, reviews of project and supporting documentation for invoicing, set-up and tracking of proposal and projects in AECOM’s project management system.
- File management, both hard copy and electronic, on both servers and through ‘cloud-based’ programs such as SharePoint and ProjectWise.
- Manage the set up and maintenance of document control / records management for multiple projects and Project Managers using software including Sharepoint and Aconex.
- Coordinating of Department-level and project meetings, taking minutes and preparing slide-decks for meetings.
- Assisting in the on-boarding of new staff for the Water Department.
- Health and safety coordination for the Winnipeg Water contingent of staff.
- Providing office facilities support as required (i.e. front-office reception coverage, organizing office-level supplies, assisting in the resolution of office-level administrative initiatives)
- Leading projects through AECOM’s Quality Management System and ensuring documentation of quality control tasks completed by project teams is compliant with AECOM’s Policies and Procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree + 2 years or Diploma/Certificate + 4 years of related administrative experience
- Proficiency – Advanced use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Working knowledge of computerized project management software
- Ability to work overtime as required
- 5+ years of related administrative experience
- Degree or Diploma in Administration, Project Management or related field
- Previous experience in the consulting industry (engineering or architectural) would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional organizational, time-management, and strong attention to detail skills
- Ability to self-manage assignments from start to finish with minimal oversight
- Ability to handle stressful situations with professionalism and calm composure
- Committed to providing exceptional client service, both internal and external
- Able to interact professionally with all levels of business personnel and build strong working relationships
- Sponsorship for Canadian employment authorization is not available for this position.
AECOM is the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $13.1 billion in fiscal year 2022. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.