Job title: Project Manager – Industrial
Company: Jardeg Construction Services
Job description: Graham is an employee-owned construction solutions partner that services the buildings, industrial, infrastructure, water and project finance sectors. We deliver lasting value for our clients through meticulous planning and scheduling, while upholding rigorous safety and quality standards. With offices throughout North America, our passionate and knowledgeable teams deliver projects that enable communities to thrive and people to live, work, move and grow in a rapidly changing world. With over nine decades of experience, Graham has the resources, capacity and expertise to undertake projects of every scope, scale and complexity. Join our team to deliver a better tomorrow.
We are seeking top-tier talent to join our Industrial division and build innovative projects in the oil, gas, petrochemical, renewable energy, power, mining, forestry, underground, heavy construction, maintenance, turnarounds and sustaining capital sectors. As a member of this collaborative team, you can expect a safe, diverse and inclusive environment, and on-going learning and career development opportunities.
About The Role
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Project Manager is responsible for providing oversight to junior staff in the coordinator, scheduling, quantity surveying, reporting, and quality control functions. You will develop best-in-class project management skills working with a large General Contractor; we manage the construction of large, complex, technically challenging and rewarding projects.
As a Project Manager at Graham you will:
- Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect the company’s interests and maintain good relationships with client
- Ensure that projects are constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule
- Assist, review and negotiate contracts; liaising with legal counsel, as appropriate, in conjunction with the Senior Project Manager
- Develop, recommend and implement the project plan, after being awarded the project
- Coach/mentor, provide direction, and review the performance of personnel reporting directly to you
- Monitor the change management process, which includes identifying change events, submitting change notices, pricing and tracking change work, optional changes in project scope, and negotiating change orders with clients.
- Review each project’s progress with the project staff as the project proceeds
- Manage the subcontracting process, which includes facilitating initial scope review meetings, finalizing agreed processes, developing subcontract scopes of work, and managing the subcontract distribution and final execution process.
- Identify required and optional changes in project scope; negotiate change orders with the owner
- Electrical, Civil, Mechanical or Structural Engineering degree or Technology diploma
- 3-5 years of project management experience
- Design Build Building experience within a Industrial environment
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction and industrial industry (technology, equipment, materials, negotiation, engineering, estimating, scheduling and safety)
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
If this sounds like you, then Graham may be the right fit. Apply today.
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
No unsolicited resumes or phone inquiries from agencies, thank you.
The Graham Advantage
- We are one of North America’s largest General Contractors
- Graham is 100% employee owned
- We champion development of our employees, including having accredited PMP and Gold Seal training available in-house
- We have a balanced portfolio of exciting, challenging, and career-defining