Job title: Production Manager Trainee -CA
Company: McCain Foods
Job description: Position Title: Production Manager Trainee -CA
Position Type: Regular – Full-Time
Position Location: Florenceville Potato
Requisition ID: 27669
We are hiring for mulitple locations:
Grand Falls, NB
The Production Management Trainee (PMT) position provides high potential, talented university graduates with an opportunity to join the McCain Team and establish a strong foundation in understanding the business with the purpose of developing into future leaders of McCain Foods.
PMT trainees will participate in a two-year Manufacturing Management development program, whereby a trainee will complete formal, self-guided, and applied learning experiences by partnering with senior, skilled subject matter experts in our manufacturing operations and plant teams. PMT trainees are provided cross-functional experience from “field to fork” within the product life cycle to learn all aspects of the manufacturing process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Observe experienced staff and gain knowledge about process, procedures, methods and standards that are required for performing a supervisory role within each of the program focus areas.
- Complete the structured progression plan and required assignments including on-the-job training, mentorship, self-guided learning, training courses and applied learning experiences through rotational assignments within the manufacturing process.
- Organize and lead work teams within assigned focus areas including scheduling, safety, daily operations, and performance management. Duties include decision-making, leadership, and administrative components of the roles assigned.
- Assuming a front-line supervisory role, complete assignments in each of the program focus areas (i.e. receiving, processing, packaging, quality, etc.).
- Develop talent and conduct on-the-job training with new employees ensuring they receive proper training in their positions.
- Proactively foster and promote the safe work habits of employees ensuring proper safety policies and procedures are followed. Actively participate in health and safety initiatives, taking a lead role in the drive towards zero incidents through safety optimization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: (cont.)
- Build experiences and projects to enhance learning and knowledge transfer.
- Follow the job description for the particular assignment within the rotation (i.e. Supervisor).
- Additional duties/projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sound fact-based decision-making and problem-solving abilities with a focus on delivering results.
- Project Management discipline and principles as demonstrated in leading successful project initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to provide sound pragmatic solutions in resolving day-to-day operational challenges with people.
- Understanding of statistical process control and data management.
- Understanding of lean principles and methodologies.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Ability to work rotating shifts as required to operate production facilities and meet customer demands.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and lead projects/work teams.
- Communicate relentlessly.
- Strong organizational, written/oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Strong multi-cultural empathy and ability to work with diverse cultures and levels.
- Ability to earn the respect, acceptance and trust of peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Team player who is a champion of change.
- Ability to travel and willingness to be globally mobile.
OTHER PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bilingual/Multi-lingual Preferred
- Clear understanding of manufacturing business process in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Working experience leading and training others.
- Experience in process design and productivity improvements.
- Demonstrated experience leading and influencing others.
- Understanding of business and finance acumen.
Must provide professional representation of McCain’s mission and values both inside and outside the organization by following the McCain Code of Conduct.
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a member of the leadership team at the facility participation in the continuous improvement process is expected. This includes taking an active role in process improvement initiatives, employee training and upgrading the current skill base.
LOCATION & TRAVEL:
- This role is primarily located in a production environment, but may be required to travel globally contingent on location of subject matter expertise of the rotational assignments.
- There is a requirement to work from a McCain office or facility location and may travel as business needs require (the mission of the organization may sometimes take them to non-standard workplaces).
- May work a standard workweek, but additionally may be required to work evenings and/or weekends to accommodate deadlines, unplanned requirements, and/or production shift schedules as requested.
- Must be willing to relocate to other manufacturing operations within the McCain network for future career opportunities. Candidates with demonstrated leadership experience and/or experience in food and beverage manufacturing may be given preference.
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES:
Displays Company values, authentic, committed and trusted, focusing on doing the right thing and building genuine relationships with customers, colleagues and stakeholders.
A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in the fields of Engineering, Food Sciences, Business, Supply Chain Management or related field.
SCOPE of AUTHORITY:
- All employees have the right to question or refuse a work-related directive they feel is unsafe.
- All employees are expected to take appropriate measures regarding employee, product and equipment safety.
- Shift work is required.
Directly supervise a team of approximately 30 production team members.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Your privacy is important to us. By submitting personal data or information to us, you agree this will be handled in accordance with the
Job Family: Manufacturing
Division: NA Appetizer Manufacturing
Department: GI Production 1
Location(s): CA – Canada : New Brunswick : Grand Falls || CA – Canada : New Brunswick : Bathurst || CA – Canada : New Brunswick : Centreville || CA – Canada : New Brunswick : Edmundston || CA – Canada : New Brunswick : Florenceville-Bristol || CA – Canada : New Brunswick : Fredericton || CA – Canada : New Brunswick : Hartland || CA – Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton || CA – Canada : New Brunswick : Saint John || CA – Canada : New Brunswick : Somerville
Company: McCain Foods USA, Inc.
Location: Grand Falls, NB
Job date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 23:41:08 GMT