Job title: Produce Department Manager – Kamloops
Company: Nature’s Fare Markets
Job description: PRODUCE DEPARTMENT MANAGER – Kamloops
The Produce Department Manager is responsible for the overall appearance, efficiency, and profitability of the Produce department in our brand new Kamloops location. This includes overseeing the team members within this department as well as ensuring a clean and well stocked department, placing orders that represent the department’s needs, and working with the Corporate Purchaser to ensure that all deals, specials, and other incentives are taken advantage of. This is both a strategic and hands on role within our organization that is committed to championing organic and local produce with our customers. A passion for people, veggies and desire to assist others is a must!
We Are Looking for Individuals That Have:
- Passion for organic food and produce and love the retail and grocery industry
- Open availability including evenings and weekends
- Excellent communication skills
- Dependable team spirit
- Outstanding interpersonal ability and customer service skills
- Exceptional skills and passion for leading a team
- Strong work ethic with a positive, team minded attitude
- Remarkable energy and the ability to multi task
- Ability and desire to lead by example and create a positive, supportive working environment for your team
- A great attitude and love working in a fast-paced environment
- Set an example for all other department staff members by showing exemplary customer service, strong work ethic, and dedication to the industry
- Maintain department cleanliness at all times, ensuring that shelves are clean, well-stocked, and faced
- Ensure optimal levels of inventory by making smart purchasing decisions, analyzing top seller reports, using movement reports and collaborating with other Produce Managers and Nature’s Fare Corporate Purchasing
- Maintain familiarity with vendor contact information, purchasing requirements, brands and products, preserve a balance between established products and the need to stock products that are new, innovative, and trendy
- Request new items from Corporate Purchasing based on customer requests, trends, or personal experience, undertake sales analysis using movement reports, Top 30 reports, anecdotal knowledge and insights from other Produce Managers. Use this analysis to merchandise, feature items, or delist poor sellers.
- Ensure adequate stock and appropriate display of said product
- Collaborate with suppliers, Nature’s Fare Head Office and other stores in the planning and organizing of events
- Monitor department sales and employ tactics like encouraging selling, creating engaging displays, using in store sales, etc. to increase sales
- Merchandise the department in a way that promote sales and creates a visibly appealing layout and re-merchandise section within the department as the need arises
- Work in collaboration with the Store’s Manager and Assistant Manager to monitor department staffing requirements, including the creation of department schedules, Requests for Time Off, staff to customer ratio, etc.
- Effectively demonstrate leadership skills in the forms of delegating and coaching
- Demonstrated experience in managing people
- Experience in a retail setting considered an asset
- Experience in a related industry or position is considered an asset
- Strong knowledge of produce preferred, and a willingness to learn!
- Passion for alternative organic & sustainable products
- Availability and flexibility for evening and weekends
- Competitive wage range: $22.50 – $27.50
- The compensation offered for this position will take into consideration location, education, skills, experience, and other factors
- Great work/life balance (predictable hours, paid time off)
- Flexible benefit package (Comprehensive Package and Health Spending Account)
- Sweet Store Discount (enjoy more of the products you love!)
- Positive team environment (work with like-minded, mission-driven people)
Put your passion into work that matters with a growing, BC-based company, committed to be a better company for our customers, our employees, and the planet. We’ll surround you with a great team and a supportive learning environment where you can grow and thrive.