Job title: Plant Manager Wind Farms- Canada
Job description: As ENGIE pursues its vision of becoming the world’s leader in sustainable energy, significant changes are required within the ENGIE Resources area of the business that will materially affect the way we work and the tools we use.
A productive Wind Power Site Manager is responsible for all day-to-day operation, maintenance, fiscal and administrative functions of the West Cape Wind Farm and for achieving company and group activities.
This position will report to the Regional Operations Manager and will report to the wind farm project in West Cape, PE.
The safety of our employees is our number one priority. All employees at ENGIE have both a duty and the authority to STOP WORK if unsafe acts are observed.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for all day-to-day operation, maintenance, fiscal and administrative functions of the site and for achieving company and group objectives
- Manages all areas of responsibility consistent with: federal, province, and local regulations and environmental requirements; company policies and procedures; company’s annual operations plan; legal and contractual requirements; and good wind site generation practices while operating in a clean, safe, efficient and economical manner
- Takes all necessary actions to protect the facility’s operating permits
- Carries out all responsibilities under environmental legislation; develops and ensures adherence to proper procedures to prevent environmental spills; monitors, records, and non-compliances, and environmental spills; ensures proper training of personnel on transportation of dangerous goods; promotes awareness for the environment and the requirements of environmental compliance. Develop and utilizes the sites Environmental Management System
- Approves, or as required submits for approval, documents and procedures that will be used at the site
- Utilizes a computer-based automated maintenance management system to: organize equipment commissioning, operations and maintenance files; to identify trends; to take corrective action; and to maintain equipment performance by maximizing plant capacity factor, availability, performance and efficiency
- Manages a safety program that complies with all Federal and provincial requirements insuring the safe operation of the site with regards to the public, employees and site installation.
- Actively promotes a safety-minded working environment and safety programs consistent with the ENGIE Safety Principle
- Works closely with the Director, Health and Safety ENGIE NA Renewables to implement risk based programs
- Appoints in writing a site safety representative to administer the safety program
- Monitors activities of the Plant Safety Committee, and ensures its effectiveness
- Cooperates with Loss Control/Safety Consultants from property and casualty insurance carriers and responds to their recommendations in a timely manner
- Coordinates with and promptly reports all losses and claims to the corporate Risk Manager
- Prepares and is responsible for the execution and consistent updating of emergency plans
- Sets objectives for his/her team; manages site personnel in the proper performance of assigned duties and maintains a record of their performance through regular, formal evaluations; and makes recommendations for their merit increases and incentive pay
- Oversees training to enhance site employees’ technical knowledge in the safe operation and maintenance of the facility and its capital equipment
- Ensures that employee policies and procedures are followed by all site personnel; ensures that the manual has been distributed to all employees and that the policies outlined within are reasonably understood by all staff members
- Ensures fair implementation of complaint procedures. Administers appropriate disciplinary action in a fair and consistent manner, supported by clear, concise and thorough documentation of events and actions resulting in the need for discipline
- Provides/coordinates relief for operations and/or maintenance supervisor as needed
- Communicates regularly with ENGIE NA company representatives (Head of Renewable Operations Canada, VP of Operations, Asset Management, Partnership Management, Accountants, Engineering & Human Resources) for exchange, consultation, guidance and required approvals
- Maintains open communications with 24 hour desk operations. Ensures changes in plant status are communicated immediately to these individuals as well as all external and / or regulatory counterparts
- Maintains good relations with suppliers, customers, vendors, service providers, landowners, governmental authorities, and contractors
- Is personally involved and takes innovative actions to ensure good public and community relations on behalf of the facility and the company
- Ensures the efficient and economical operation and maintenance of the facility. Ensure compliance with Purchase Power Agreements, Utility connection agreements, wind turbine OEM service agreements and C2C O&M Agreements with emphasis on safety while maximizing profits and minimizing penalties
- Ensures prompt, timely and accurate reporting as required by company policies and procedures and other governmental and contractual requirements.
- Prepares annual operating plans, budgets and controls for operating at budgeted levels with appropriate justification and approval for variances including site outages (compliant with dispatching needs) and operating shift schedules to accommodate facility operation and scheduled maintenance.
- Monitors budget variances on a regular basis and prepares/monitors long term budget forecasts. Provides monthly variances reports on a timely manner.
- Follows up, assisted by the Project Director, with the proper execution of commercial contracts and assists in bringing solutions to any argument that may arise.
- Acts as a team member with all employees of ENGIE
What you bring:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (ABET accredited) plus five (5) years experience in a related industry; or technical diploma/high school diploma and ten (10) years experience in a related industry.
- Must demonstrate a strong technical and managerial capability
- Minimum Two (2) years previous experience in supervision of technical, operating or maintenance personnel
- In-depth knowledge of wind power generating equipment and technologies
- Strong understanding of power generation and delivery systems
- Familiar with personal computers and their use for planning, budgeting, inventory control and database handling
- Strong leadership/management/communication skills
- Strong organizational/prioritizing skills
- Ability to make significant independent judgments
- Must be able to certify, as required to Provincial and Federal agencies, compliance with permits and regulations as the authorized agent for the company
- Must have and be able to maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must have and be able to maintain a passport
- Must be eligible to work for any Canadian employer without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be available to travel up to 50% of the time and with the need for some overnight trips
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license/clean driving record (will they drive a company or personal car)
- Must have the ability to travel domestically and internationally on limited occasions
- Must be willing and able to comply with ENGIE’s policy with respect to COVID vaccination and testing
- Must be willing and able to comply with all ENGIE ethics and safety policies
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to use a company computer, calculator
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with the needed assistance to perform the essential functions
- Eligible for a hybrid schedule consisting of in-office and work-from-home opportunities
ENGIE North America isn’t just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we’re leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is renewable, efficient, and accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity, or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as “protected characteristics”) as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
- Salary Range: $91,561- $134,095 CAD, annually
- Actual salary offered may vary depending on geography, experience, education, internal pay alignment, or other bona fide factors
- In addition to salary, this position is eligible for a competitive bonus / incentive plan
- At ENGIE we understand that benefits matter, we offer competitive benefit options including medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, employer paid short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, parental leave, and a RRSP as an n option with a company match
ENGIE complies with all federal, state, and local minimum wage laws.
Your talent acquisition partner can share more specific information regarding the salary for the position based on the work location.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at . This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
Business Unit: GBU Renewables
Division: REN NORTHAM – US
Legal Entity: ENGIE Canada Inc.
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full – Time
Professional Experience: Skilled ( >3 experience