Job title: PHYSIOTHERAPIST | LTC| Owen Sound
Company: Back in Motion Rehab
Job description: POSITION TITLE:Physiotherapist
PROGRAM:Long-Term Care Rehabilitation Services
LOCATIONS:Owen Sound, Ontario
We require a skilled Physiotherapist to provide rehabilitation services to Residents in a Long-Term Care Home in Owen Sound, ON. We will work with you to determine exact hours in each Home.
You will be responsible for working within a multidisciplinary team providing assessments, recommendations, and therapeutic interventions for Residents who have been referred for Physiotherapy Services. You will also serve as a resource and educator to the Home’s staff and Residents/Families for safety, quality, and risk management activities.
You can look forward to our competitive compensation and benefits package, which reflects how we value your background, experience, education, and commitment to clinical excellence. For eligible employees, we offer a signing bonus, extended health and dental package, paid vacation, education allowance, and personal/sick days.
You will participate in a structured onboarding and training program, with ongoing mentorship and support from a senior clinician.
- Conduct Physiotherapy Assessments for all new Residents in the Home, or those with a change in function; reassess all Residents on a quarterly basis
- Create and oversee Resident- and family-centered Care Plans; establish personalized treatment goals in collaboration with the Resident/Family
- Assign tasks to Physiotherapist Assistants; supervise Resident treatment and progress
- Implement, monitor, and modify treatment to achieve Resident/Family goals in the areas of transfers, ambulation, strength, movement patterns, range of motion, balance, and cardiorespiratory function
- Participate in continuous quality improvement program, including measurable outcomes, satisfaction feedback, and quality improvement planning
- Provide in-house staff education sessions on topics such as body mechanics, rehab equipment and devices, back/neck care, fall prevention, and ergonomic set-up
- Eligible for registration or Registrant in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Completion of satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) upon hire
- Up to date on required vaccinations, including 3 doses of Covid-19, influenza vaccine (or commitment to take anti-viral medications), MMR, DTaP, varicella, and TB skin test
- Knowledge/experience in evidence-based musculoskeletal, neurological, and cardiorespiratory practice, with a strong emphasis on improving functional outcomes
- Superior communication and clinical reasoning skills; flexible and adaptable to changing demands and schedules
- Caring and compassionate in all interactions with Residents and Families
Desirable skills and experience include previous delivery of Physiotherapy Services for the geriatric population in an integrated care setting, preferably in a Long-Term Care Home. As well, we are looking for Physiotherapists as a Certified Assistive Devices Program (ADP) Authorizer. Past experience in supervision of Physiotherapist Assistants is an asset.
We thank all applicants however only those who are licensed or eligible to register as a Physiotherapist with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario will be considered. We also do not offer work sponsorships at this time.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Owen Sound, ON
Job date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 00:54:57 GMT