Job title: Physiotherapist Assistant | BIM Health | Owen Sound Area, Ontario
Company: Back in Motion Rehab
Job description: POSITION TITLE:Physiotherapist Assistant
PROGRAM:Long-Term Care Rehabilitation Services
LOCATION:Long-Term Care Homes in Owen Sound Area
We require a skilled Physiotherapist Assistant to provide rehabilitation services to Residents in Long-Term Care Homes in Owen Sound area, Ontario, as per the assigned tasks of the Physiotherapist. We will work with you to determine exact hours in each Home.
You will carry out the treatment plan set by the supervising Physiotherapist to progress Residents’ functional independence.
You can look forward to our competitive compensation and benefits package, which reflects how we value your background, experience, education, and commitment to clinical excellence. For eligible employees, we offer extended health and dental package, paid vacation, education allowance, and personal/sick days.
You will participate in a structured onboarding and training program, with ongoing mentorship and support from a senior clinician.
- Accept assigned tasks from the supervising Physiotherapist; participate in regular communication to ensure high quality Resident care
- Follow Resident- and Family-centered Care Plans, as per assigned tasks
- Implement treatment to achieve Resident/Family goals in the areas of transfers, ambulation, strength, range of motion, balance, and cardiorespiratory function
- Conduct group exercise classes for Residents
- Maintain and clean rehabilitation equipment
- Participate in continuous quality improvement program, including measurable outcomes, satisfaction feedback, and quality improvement planning
- 2-year Diploma from an accredited OTA/PTA Program or equivalent
- Completion of satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) upon hire
- Up-to-date on required vaccinations, including 3 doses of COVID-19, influenza vaccine (or commitment to take anti-viral medications), MMR, DTaP, varicella, and TB skin test
- Knowledge/experience in evidence-based musculoskeletal, neurological, and cardiorespiratory practice, with a strong emphasis on improving functional outcomes
- Superior communication and clinical reasoning skills; flexible and adaptable to changing demands and schedules
- Caring and compassionate in all interactions with Residents and Families
Desirable skills and experience include previous delivery of rehabilitation for the geriatric population in an integrated care setting, preferably in a Long-Term Care Home. Familiarity with equipment, including transfer and gait aids, wheelchairs, pain management modalities, and strengthening/range of motion/balance equipment is an asset.
We thank all applicants however only those who are eligible to work in Canada with the above qualifications will be considered.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Owen Sound, ON
Job date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 05:06:52 GMT