Job title: Pharmacy Student Opportunities, NL – Summer 2024
Job description: Requisition ID: 180119
Career Group: Pharmacy Careers
Job Category: Other
Travel Requirements: 0 – 10%
Job Type: Part-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Newfoundland and Labrador
City: St. Johns
Sobeys Inc. is a growing Canadian company. We are a market leader in grocery and pharmacy that operate under multiple banners spanning over 1500 stores in communities across the country. Our family of over 134,000 teammates and franchise affiliates are on a mission to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our teammates.
Our national pharmacy team is proudly Canadian, with pharmacies from coast to coast in our various banners. Depending on your province you would recognize us as Sobeys, Safeway, Thrifty Foods, Foodland, Lawtons Drugs or FreshCo.
Ready to Make an impact?
The Pharmacy Student is responsible to provide superior customer service while completing the essential training to become a licensed Pharmacist. The student will gain a progressive learning experience in all aspects of pharmacy operations, administration, customer care, Profile programs and professional services. Actively contributes to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
Our banners across NL are hiring pharmacy students to support our teams in summer 2024. Employment opportunities continuing into Fall will be available in certain locations/banners. Pharmacy Students are responsible for providing exceptional customer service through progressive learning experience in all aspects of pharmacy operations and professional services.
This process is meant for collecting resumes and relevant employment information for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year pharmacy students at the Memorial University. Should you have any questions about the process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you have to offer:
- Must be a pharmacy student at an accredited Pharmacy program
- Registered as a student or intern in the province of responsibility
- Flexible availability during the summer including evenings and weekends
- Pharmacy activities appropriate to level of education including prescription processing, patient interactions, receiving and releasing prescriptions, promotion of pharmacy programs and professional services, compounding, compliance packaging, and other duties as assigned
- Adhere to and implement all applicable company standards
- Injection certified at the time of interview/hire (only applicable to 3rd year students)
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to be self-directed and to work independently in meeting strict deadlines is essential
Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Location: Mount Pearl, NL
Job date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 23:20:05 GMT