Job title: Payroll and Benefits Analyst
Company: OSCO Construction Group
Job description: Job Description:
This position is responsible for producing high quality, detailed work based on established standards, guidelines, and procedures. The Payroll and Benefits Analyst processes accurate and timely payments to support our group of companies, in addition to maintaining employee benefit information within payroll system as well as with the benefit providers. Exceptional time management and communication skills are critical as the ideal candidate must be able to multi-task, learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Running and analyzing payrolls for a large group of companies
- Adhering to payroll processes to ensure proper administration of these functions
- Setups, changes, and termination of employees
- Understanding government legislation and collective agreements and their effect on payroll
- Ensuring all payroll and union forms are completed both accurately and timely
- Various remittances for union dues, hours reports, and payroll taxes
- Ensuring system integrity through careful set up and auditing
- Statistics tracking and reporting as required
- Managing 3rd party garnishments and remittances
- Currently enrolled in or interested in the Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification
- Detail-oriented coupled with proven sense of urgency and ability to balance priorities without sacrificing deadlines
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills with ability to work well in an extremely fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Exceptional computer skills with proficiency in MS Office with exposure to JD Edwards being considered an asset
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal) with management and peers
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to work both collaboratively and independently when necessary
As a member of the OSCO Construction Group, we offer a comprehensive compensation package including health and dental coverage, life insurance, RRSP and tax-free savings account options. Additionally, we offer educational scholarships to children of employees, health & wellness programming, celebratory events and employee sport team sponsorships.
The origins of the OSCO Construction Group go back to 1955 when Ocean Steel & Construction Ltd. was founded in Saint John, New Brunswick. Since that time, the OSCO Construction Group has grown to encompass four main operating sectors: Steel, Concrete, Construction and Corporate. Within these sectors lie an ever-expanding number of construction-related companies and divisions, serving a growing market area and employing over twelve hundred employees.
Location: Saint John, NB
Job date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 00:49:15 GMT