Job title: Part Time Clerk Produce- Full Availability Cloverdale/Quadra Store Victoria
Job description: Requisition ID: 179684
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Retail – Produce
Travel Requirements: 0 – 10%
Job Type: Part-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: British Columbia
Location: 9461 Cloverdale Thrifty
Postal Code: V8X 1G8
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Ready to Make an impact?
The Produce Clerk is responsible for carrying out the full range of duties of the position in a professional, responsible, accurate and timely fashion. The Clerk will deliver exceptional customer service, foster customer loyalty, fulfill customer needs, and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
Here’s where you’ll be focusing:
- Adhere to all Food Safety Protocols, Standard Operating Procedures, Health and Safety, corporate policies, and other programs and initiatives
- Order, receive, prep, and merchandise produce product in accordance with company inventory control procedures, as required
- Provide superior customer service to meet customer needs
- Increase store sales by actively promoting featured products
- Perform back shop and retail floor maintenance, keeping work area clean and presentable as per Company requirements
- Prep Customer Produce orders, as required
- Process department shrink, as required
- Participate in the training of junior staff
- Other duties as required
What you have to offer:
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Above average communication skills (oral and written)
- May be required to lift up to 20lbs, stand for long periods of time, and complete physical work including but not limited to bending, lifting, and reaching
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.