Job title: NWT Construction | Finish Grader Operator 1
Job description: Subsidiary: Colas Western Canada Inc.
135 Kam Lake Road, Yellowknife, NT X1A 2R2 Telephone: (867) 920-4844
NWT Construction Ltd., a division of NPA Ltd. is one of Western Canada’s largest paving contractors, with over 700 employees helping us provide our products and services throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories. Our equipment fleet and shops are among the most modern in our business. We take pride in our employees and place a high-value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day.
Are you an enthusiastic, professional and motivated person? Are you a knowledgeable and experience Grader Operator?
NWT Construction is looking for a Finish Grader Operator with previous experience in road construction to join us for the upcoming 2024 Construction Season.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment
- Operate grader controls to regulate height and angle of the grader blade to loosen packed soil and allow for proper grade to be accomplished
- Read and interpret road side markings and blueprints to determine the type of grade that is needed for job specifications
- Perform sub-grade prep by using the rippers to plow into the soil and bring it to surface to determine the consistency of the material
- Blading the gravel by laying down the gravel
- Finish gravel base for asphalt placement to grade and specifications
- Preform maintenance on gravel roads when required while continuing to keep proper awareness of ones surroundings
- All other duties as required
Qualifications | Requirements
- Class 5 Drivers License or equivalent.
- High school graduate or G.E.D preferred
- Minimum 3 to 5 yearsâ experience in the road construction industry using grader equipment, specifically
- Willingness to operate additional support equipment as required.
- Knowledge of grades/ grading technology
- Ability to work alone and perform decision making tasks when needed
- Physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
- Must comply with Drug, Alcohol, and Fitness testing requirements.
- Availability to work both out-of-town and remote locations.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Schedule of 6 working days, 1 day off with up to 12 hours per day (weather dependent). Overtime is paid in accordance with applicable employment standards legislation
- Ability to work out-of-town and remote locations may be required occasionally. Accommodations and Live Out Allowance is applicable in most situations.
- Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required.
- Use of sunscreen, long sleeves, and appropriate headgear is recommended.
- Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements.
What’s In It For You?
We are pleased to offer the successful candidate an attractive and competitive wage, accommodations and live out allowance as applicable, extended health benefits with STD and LTD, company matching RRSP plan, educational assistance, excellent opportunities for professional growth, and more!
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity you would enjoy, hit the apply button!
NWT Construction Ltd. is pleased to offer the successful candidate an attractive wage, comprehensive benefits, including a pension plan, educational assistance, excellent opportunities for professional growth, and more.
We thank all candidates for their interest in a position with NWT Construction Ltd., however only candidates selected to move forward will be contacted.
Location: Yellowknife, NT
Job date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 23:45:24 GMT