Job title: Nurse Practitioner – Priority Home Service – Repost
Company: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Job description: Requisition ID: 351423
Position Number: 20060965
Posting End Date: February 13, 2024
Employer: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Site: WRHA Community Health Services
Department / Unit: Priority Home Service
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date – End Date: ASAP – 02/05/2025
Reason for Term: Other Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days;Evenings;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $50.675, $54.394, $56.631, $58.864, $61.275, $63.113
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
The Priority Home Service is a centralized Home Care service team that provides short term, intensive and restorative services to eligible clients for up to 90 days in the community. This transitional home care service will be provided to clients being discharged from hospital that are eligible and/or waiting for Long Term Care (LTC) placement. The service will also provide short term support to clients classified as community urgent or those needing urgent placement directly from Emergency Departments. The objectives of this team will be to enable clients to remain in their home for as long as possible and when required, transition to LTC from the community as opposed to waiting for this placement while in hospital. The model will also help family caregivers continue in their caregiving role for as long as safely possible. Once a person no longer requires Priority Home Services, they may be able to return to regular home care services that will facilitate their activities of daily living and support their health needs. This team will facilitate seamless and timely transition of clients from hospital to home in partnership with the regular home care program and where indicated to LTC according to client need(s).
Under the general direction of Manager Health Services, as part of the multidisciplinary team, the Nurse Practitioner (NP): * Applies advanced nursing and medical theory to the provision of clinical care, autonomously ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, prescribing pharmacologic agents and performing minor invasive procedures.
- Applies current/relevant nursing and medical theory, which allows for contribution to knowledge, development and involvement in advancing the nursing profession.
- Incorporates medical knowledge and advanced nursing knowledge; integrates this knowledge and experiential base into clinical practice.
- Demonstrates competence to practice autonomously in the implementation of strategies to promote health and prevent illness, is proficient in planning, implementing and evaluating complex care, and demonstrates competence to teach others.
- Provides for problem solving among staff or between staff and patients/residents/clients and with physicians and multidisciplinary team.
- Applies skills in consultation, collaboration and systems management in providing effective care.
- Complements physician services in the delivery of comprehensive healthcare.
- Community clinical care an asset, but not required.
- Masters of Nursing, Nurse Practitioner Stream or equivalent educational preparation as approved by College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM).
- Nurse practitioners have the authority to provide extended practice nursing care if they are competent to provide that care, the care is endorsed in the practice setting and is within the scope of nursing practice as defined by the CRNM.
- Responsible for maintaining and providing proof of active registration on the RN Extended Practice (EP) Register of the CRNM.
- Active Participation in professional associations e.g. Association of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (ARNM) preferred.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Training requirements for this position shall be in accordance with WRHA policy.
- Valid driver’s license and a vehicle required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of:
- College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses on the Extended Practice Register.
- Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses.
- Scope of practice as documented in the Registered Nurses Act.
- Advanced nursing care knowledge related to health assessment, diagnostics, pharmacotherapeutics and invasive and minor surgical procedures.
- Regional/Facility/Unit policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Protection of Persons in Care Act, Mental Health Act, Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions) and other legislated acts.
- Principles of collaborative practice.
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Aboriginal language and/or knowledge in Aboriginal customs, traditions and values.
- Knowledge of computer systems; word processing and email applications.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to perform independently and as a member of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment.
- Demonstrated effective conceptual, organizational, interpersonal, critical thinking/problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to plan, manage and implement change effectively.
- Ability to foster inter-personal relationships including effective negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated effective group facilitation skills.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in your collective agreement.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services. Effective April 1, 2024, Golden West Centennial Lodge will also be part of the WRHA legal entity.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Job date: Wed, 07 Feb 2024 23:11:57 GMT