Job title: Nurse – DEC (Research Institute)
Company: McGill University Health Centre
Job description: Job Number:
Nurse – DEC (Research Institute)
Research Institute of the MUHC
Research and teaching
Temporary part time
$23.22 – $43.11 /Hour
Le Centre universitaire de santé McGill (CUSM) est un centre hospitalier universitaire intégré, reconnu à l’échelle internationale pour l’excellence de ses programmes cliniques, de sa recherche et de son enseignement. Le CUSM a pour objectif d’assurer aux patients des soins fondés sur les connaissances les plus avancées dans le domaine de la santé et de contribuer au progrès des connaissances.
RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Santé (FRQS).
Under the supervision of principal investigator, Dr. Jean Tchervenkov, the incumbent will work in collaboration with the members of the research team in different clinical studies.
- Responsible for supporting the successful conduct of clinical research studies,
- Executes all aspects of study visits,
- Collaborates with entire research and medical care team,
- Performs various types of medication administrations (i.e., oral, injections & intravenous medications),
- Monitors patient safety and medication compliance, completes patient charting accordingly,
- Verifies medication compliance and patient diaries, if applicable,
- Creates or collaborates in creating source documentation,
- Maintains, completes and updates: concomitant medication log, adverse event log, questionnaires, and protocol specific source documentation,
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Website of the organization
Education / Experience
Education: Diploma of College Studies (DEC)
Work Experience: minimum one (1) year experience in ICU or a hospital ward
Professional Membership: ☒ Yes ☐ No
If yes, please specify: OIIQ
- Good knowledge of French and English, spoken and written,
- Understands / is familiar with clinical trials,
- protocols (an asset),
- Knowledge of regulations governing clinical research trials (ICH-GCP) is an asset,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Flexible and autonomous, sense of ethics,
- Ability to work independently or with teams with minimum supervision.
Status: Temporary part-time, from 8 to 25 hours per week depending on ongoing studies
Pay Scale: $23.22 – $43.11 per hour, commensurate with education & work experience
Work Shift: Weekdays, sometimes weekends and after regular work hours
Work Site: Glen
To learn more about our benefits, please visit
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity, diversity and inclusion within its community. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates who self-identify as members of racialized groups/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and 2SLGBTQIA+ persons. We also welcome candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may confidentially contact,
Location: Montreal, QC
Job date: Wed, 08 Nov 2023 05:36:04 GMT