Job title: MRP Transition Coordinator – Repost
Company: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Job description: Requisition ID: 352220
Position Number: 20062444
Posting End Date: February 20, 2024
Employer: Shared Health
Site: Shared Health – Shared Health Corporate Office
Department / Unit: SH – Manitoba Renal Program
Job Stream: Clinical
Union: Non Union
Anticipated Start Date – End Date: ASAP – 03/04/2025
Reason for Term: Other Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centered clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
The Renal Patient Transition Coordinator is responsible for: * Facilitating and coordinating the movement / transition of renal patients from the Renal Health clinics to the renal replacement therapies as well as between the various renal replacement therapies.
- Facilitating and coordinating the movement / transition of renal patients between their communities and homes and the various health care facilities / agencies / programs.
- Participating in the assessment and decision-making processes that will result in the effective movement / transition of patients and the optimal utilization of Manitoba Renal Program resources.
- Liaising between and with the various programs, agencies, and facilities on matters related to patient movement including Indigenous partners and stakeholders.
- Participating in the development of guidelines, protocols, and educational strategies related to patient movement / transition.
- Providing dialysis therapy information and education to renal patients and their families, health care providers and the community of Manitoba.
- Providing support and counseling to renal patients and families.
- Assisting the renal patients in making informed choices regarding their renal replacement therapies.
- Providing clinical support to the eKHR Team and assisting the eKHR education to the provincial Renal Program interdisciplinary teams.
- Utilizing eKHR to assess patient capacity at the various MRP unit sites and produce utilization reports of the various MRP units and sites.
- Four years related experience in renal health, peritoneal dialysis and hemodialysis required.
- Knowledge and working experience with the electronic health records used in the patient transfer process.
- Experience and training, in motivational counseling would be an asset.
- Bachelor of Nursing required.
- Completion of Manitoba Nephrology Nursing Course.
- Completion of Manitoba Indigenous Cultural Safety Training (MISCT) required.
- Completion of a Nephrology Related program preferred.
- (Canadian Nurses Association Certification – Nephrology (CNEPH).
- CRNM registration required.
- Valid driver’s license and a vehicle.
Qualifications and Skills
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with patients, families, and the interdisciplinary team members.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate patient transfers between health care facilities and renal units as well as between the various modalities used to treat end stage kidney disease.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective resource contacts.
- Ability to build strong relationships and support patient voice with leadership, engagement and empowerment.
- Knowledge and experience with computers and proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in research preferred.
- Subject to a criminal records check.
- Ability to work flexible hours in order to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Ability to travel to patients’ homes and the various health care and long-term care facilities – driver’s license and access to car.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in your collective agreement.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the “Apply” icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Job date: Wed, 07 Feb 2024 23:14:53 GMT