Job title: Moncton Nursing Unit Clerk (1027) PCN 1002326
Company: Horizon Health Network
Job description: JOB PURPOSE
The Nursing Unit Clerk is responsible for providing administrative support to the nursing unit.
- High school graduation and an administrative support program of greater than one year and up to two years duration which includes medical terminology plus one year of related experience OR five (5) years of recent experience (within the last 8 years) as a 1027, shall be considered as equivalent.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
Demonstrated proficiency verified by testing in:
- Data Entry 4000 KSPH
- Typing 35 WPM (General)
- Medical Terminology Spelling 75%
- Medical Terminology Vocabulary 75%
- Outlook 50%
- Word 50%
The Nursing Unit Clerk is responsible for:
- Performing reception duties including directing calls and responding to inquiries
- Processing admissions and coordinating transfers and discharges
- Entering physician’ orders and scheduling appointments
- Entering, retrieving and compiling information and data
- Assembling, maintaining and forwarding charts
- Creating, editing and formatting documents, forms and reports
- Performing general office duties
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon’s Terms of Employment: http://skyline/EmploymentBenefits/Pages/Terms-of-your-Employment-.aspx
COMPETENCIES IDENTIFIED BY HORIZON HEALTH NETWORK:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Interested? Apply Today?
Horizon Health Network (Horizon) only accepts on-line applications.
About Horizon’s Recruitment Process
We thank all applicant who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply as an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Horizon’s recruitment screening process may include language proficiency testing, clerical testing and/or behavioral assessment. If you are selected for testing, you will be contacted via the email address provided on your application. The official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and language results will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon’s hiring purposes.
Horizon is committed to enhancing our diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and patients. We believe in a healthcare system that equally supports all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation. An environment based on a commitment to diversity and inclusion supports our goal of safe and quality patient care.
Location: Moncton, NB
Job date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 01:32:18 GMT