Job title: Member Service Representative – Rimbey
Company: Servus Credit Union
Job description: We are looking for individuals who are gutsy, smart and driven — someone who cares about the financial fitness of our members and is ready to re-imagine what that looks like. If you are passionate about guiding our members to meet their personal goals, this is the job for you!
Servus is growing! We are looking for a Member Service Representative for our Rimbey Branch.
Posting Closes: November 23rd, 2023
Employment Status: Part-time (guaranteed min. 20 hours/week) Monday to Friday branch
Hourly wage: $20.07 – 25.08 per hour (based on education and experience)
Reporting to the Assistant Manager Member Service, you play a vital role as the face of our Credit Union. As a first point of contact in the branch, you will provide a personalized and friendly experience for each member responding to their inquiries, identifying financial needs, and providing recommendations for Servus products.
More specifically, the scope of your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing competent and courteous service to members, exceeding their expectations, and making them feel at home
- With accuracy, processing member transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, loan and utility payments, money orders, credit card advances, calculation of foreign and domestic exchange & cheque cashing
- Understanding member needs and identifying opportunities to promote Credit Union products and services – referring them to appropriate team members and external partners as required
- Achieving or exceeding assigned sales and referral goals
- Resolving routine member concerns and complaints in accordance with our service standards and escalate issues where appropriate
- Learning and applying knowledge of policies, procedures, and loss prevention guidelines while performing member transactions to mitigate risk of loss to Servus Credit Union
- Contributing positively to branch morale and a cohesive work environment
To qualify, you must have customer service experience, proven sales experience, cash-handling experience, and a high school diploma.
Although not required, the following are valuable assets:
- Previous experience working with a Financial Institution
- Post-secondary education in Finance (or related studies)
Servus encourages candidates with a strong desire to learn and improve their financial intelligence! We provide extensive training, coaching, and educational/personal development assistance, to give you all the right tools to succeed and continually improve in this role.
Most importantly, we are looking for candidates with enthusiastic energy and impeccable communication skills who are effortless in building rapport with our members. If you are a positive, organized, and detail-oriented person looking for a long-term career growth, then we encourage you to apply!
Working for Servus has outstanding benefits. We offer our employees flexible and practical benefits in addition to competitive salaries and career-building opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Immediate financial benefits
- Group RSP programs available after 3 months
- 6% vacation rate
- Flexible group benefit plan
- Flexible health and/or wellness spending account
- Employee/family assistance program
Servus is building a culture where diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are at the center of why we work and how we work. If you want to join a team of community leaders passionate in making an impact, apply now!
What happens next?
Thank you for applying with Servus Credit Union! If you are shortlisted for this opportunity, you will hear from us after the posting closes regarding next steps. Should you require an accommodation during the application and selection process, please contact us at with the position and location you are interested in.